Bonanza
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Donovan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: Fujimi Ferrari 126 CK 1/20 Scale

Post by Bonanza »

CelicaGT wrote:Fantastic work! The metal surfaces look especially realistic. I noticed you mentioned you had to do a lot of dry fitting, did you have to do a lot of sanding/finessing in addition? I've heard some Fujimi kits are nightmares and others are not too bad, just wondering where this falls?
There was a normal amount of filling and sanding. Getting the turbo pipes to line up with the radiators gave me a problem. The instructions don’t quite give you a clear approach to take regarding this imho. Also the area around the exhaust pipes were difficult to line up and place. Setting the engine needs to be done with care , if not the cowling won’t fit right. I would just take really good care dry fitting everything. Not a lot of room for error. It have me a few headaches but once it’s together it looks great. The kit decals are very nice but are delicate. I botched one of the Longines markings but thanks to Indycals that was taken care of. The plastic in the kit is the most delicate I’ve worked with. I snapped a few parts which I never do. The cowling has these tiny pins that line it up with the underbody which break with the tiniest amount of pressure. All in all though if you have good modeling skills you’ll be fine.

Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Sergey
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Russia

Re: Fujimi Ferrari 126 CK 1/20 Scale

Post by Super_Sych »

Looks great! Beautiful model!