Completed: 1/20 2004 Sauber C23 (F2003GA Conversion)

Finished models...

Topic author
seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Sean
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Re: Completed: 1/20 2004 Sauber C23 (F2003GA Conversion)

Post by seamus »

Thanks very much chaps... and yes JayKay - one of my favourite colour schemes of days gone by too.

The decals in the AMC models set were excellent, and fitted proportionately really well, likewise the S27 carbon template set which I used. Both needed decal solutions for the more curved areas but along with the hairdryer and a deal of patience it all went down without any major dramas.

The only issue I had was using Tamiya TS41 - Coral Blue spray for some of the light blue areas. This was an incredible match with the AMC decal light blue, but strangely the spray reacted to the Zero Paints Mica blue in some very small areas which made my heart skip a beat at one point as I thought the whole paint job would need starting again. Thankfully, although it certainly isn't 'Best of Show' standard, it can hardly be seen. Just something to be aware of should anyone tackle this

There was a start of a WIP here ( https://www.f1m.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31172 ) which I intended on completing - however I didn't for reason's known to Paul and myself ;-) and a big thanks to Paul, too many long time friends on here that are great to keep in touch with... and afterall, life is too short eh :-)

I did take a couple more pics which I will try and find and add to the WIP.

Teles
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Copersucar-Fittipaldi
Brazil

Re: Completed: 1/20 2004 Sauber C23 (F2003GA Conversion)

Post by Teles »

Very nice conversion!!! Thanks for sharing.