F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Giovanni
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari Gilles Villeneuve
Italy

Re: F310 BBR 1/20

Post by glr190959 »

Hi Jaykay,
the "orange peel" in the painting is visible in the photos and, in one in particular.
I am amazed that an expert modeler like you (I always follow your discussions in the forum with interest) did not detect it.
I have always praised and admired in this forum the beautiful models as well as it seems right to highlight any defects found.
The truth is that I was the only one who pointed out the bad paintwork which, in any case, is evident and not the result of my judgment.
Personally, I have learned a lot from the criticisms made of my models.
Regards,
Giovanni La Rosa

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

Mmmmm well. it's not 100% shiny but 95% to me so it's fine.
usually i don't really answer to all but hey...
Being on this forum for 17 yrs (wow) , I think that a lot of people can tell you that i accept criticisms but I'm more shocked when i see decals in the wrong position, or some details not present, (nuts colors, seatbelts etc...) and if the builder is happy well so be it.
Different levels , standards, different motivations etc....and I've built a shitload of kits.
Some i wasn't happy with (orange house ligier for example that i ve had a hard time building) and some that i can hosnetly say they're were good.
So if you wanna point your orange peel-very light again- do so. Barely seeable when looking at the kit for real. If my paint was bad I would have said i 've f...ed it up.
It's like on every forum there has to be a rivet counter so ok. That's why i avoid forum like ARC forums where people are spending most of their time pointing out one rivet missing or a bulge which should be 2mm further than enjoying the fact that a new kit of a forgotten plane is released.
I forgot to say there's s a crack next the bargeboard that appeared when i screwed the base to the body but I've manage to correct. You don't know it you won't see it ;)
Anyways, for the XJR14, my decals didn't like the clear that much so you know in advance ;)
Chill out guys.
bye
MANU

vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by vanhookvintage »

jaykay wrote:
glr190959 wrote: the finishing of the painting is the main element to define a model as beautiful.
Well, i'd say that's a matter of personal taste.
Yes, a crap paintjob can ruin any model, but there's more to a beautiful model than paint.
It's model "building" not just "painting".
In this particular case I wonder how you come to your harsh conclusion from one picture that's not entirely in focus.
Anyway, i guess you made your personal point.

+1
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

JAlesi27
Formula e
Formula e

Post by JAlesi27 »

Nice job, the carbon spray effect really works. I have always hated the idea of faffing around with carbon decals so I might have to test it myself.

96 was such a transition period for the look of F1 cars. I was surprised they went back to the F92A fighter plane style sidepods after they failed the first time.

js1115
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Didier Pironi
France

Post by js1115 »

Great job my friend 8) ! A far better result than i can dream about in my best days :lol:
Can’t wait to see your jag !!!! :wink:
Jean-Paul

Teles
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Copersucar-Fittipaldi
Brazil

Post by Teles »

Great work Manu, as you always do. Thanks for sharing.