Topic author
aracefan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Re: 1/24 Hasegawa Nissan R91CP

Post by aracefan »

vekkuli wrote:Such a good looking Build, congratulations 8) !
Thanks, and appreciate you looking in!
daveyman wrote:Nice result. Have enjoyed following your build.
Cool, and thanks for the comments. I'm such a n00b that I think it's kinda strange that someone followed my build. :D
But really think it's neat, so thank you so much!!
CelicaGT wrote:It looks really good! Such an awesome beast of a racecar too. Nice work, and quick build too.

I still can't get over that they skipped including the engine. With such nice detail you'd think it'd make for a great model to display with the cowl off.
It was a BEAST of a car - I love all the Gr.C cars - but especially the Nissan R91/R92 and the 787 (which I have in the stash & will attempt soon!!)
CK wrote:Hi,

Thanks for explaining your choice of semi gloss finish. It does it job. You have done a real good masking. I was wondering whether you used decal for the white.

I find it difficult to prevent orange peel using Tamiya water base acrylic color. I already use Tamiya retarding agent to slow down the drying. It does improve the finish. I still need to sand and polish the paint if I need a mirror finish.
I have to be honest, I'm a little intimidated by shooting the 2k clear or something similar through the airbrush for the first time. I'll try it next... maybe. :mrgreen: The white is painted as well, and the masking was a challenge, had a couple of mishaps but it worked out in the end.

Painting, er, airbrushing with the tamiya acrylics was a challenge, I found that using tamiya lacquer thinner and a few drops of Mr Hobby muli leveling thinner, it sprayed much better that way. Had to experiment a bit, but learned plenty - and I'm sure I'll screw up more in the future.

Thanks again for looking in!!

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Re: 1/24 Hasegawa Nissan R91CP

Post by marlborored »

Very nice!