Topic author
Jordan2.0
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Belgium

Re: AMC LIFE L190 B.Giacomelli

Post by Jordan2.0 »

Jeff_G wrote:Great build! I like the panel line and rivet work.

Which paint did you use for the red?

It's hard to tell, how were the kit decals? Are they opaque enough? I've drawn up some decals for missing French GP sponsors, and I'm trying to decide if I should do all the markings or not.
Hi Jeff.Thank you..It is painted with Tamiya TS49 bright red over the Tamiya pink primer.I think the color is good but maybe a little to light but it is OK for me.I think the casting could have been sharper.
Well,first time I've seen the decals I was not that happy..but they turned out OK for placing and coating but the graphics are not sharp enough...that could have been much better.Overall I am happy with the model
Alex.

Topic author
Jordan2.0
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Belgium

Post by Jordan2.0 »

Corpsegrinder wrote:Beautiful, nice one for making such a beauty out of a disastrous car! Your kit looks faster than the real L190!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex.

atlantakat1
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by atlantakat1 »

One of my all time favorite lines in Autosport was a quip in a race report that a local dog ran farther and faster along pit road than Giacomelli and the Life when the car expired before getting on track.

Now that would make a great subject for a diorama!

whatisdeletrazdoing
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Super Aguri, Ligier, Minardi, Rial
United States of America

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

Nice clean build! Undoubtedly finished better than the real car - you've done a wonderful job.
Note - if you put those imgur links in between image tags, the images will show up directly in the post.

For example:
img]imageURL[/img]