Your Name: vanhookvintage
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Re: Ferrari F2001 | Japanese GP 2001 | M. Schumacher | Tamiy

Post by vanhookvintage »

Beautiful work. At a level I can only aspire to. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Sergey
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Russia

Post by Super_Sych »

vanhookvintage wrote:Beautiful work. At a level I can only aspire to. :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg
Thanks Greg! All we need is a little patience! :D

Enzojz
Formula e
Formula e
China

Post by Enzojz »

Super_Sych wrote:
Enzojz wrote:Top build
How did you deal with the clear coat?
Thanks!

I had a big problem with a clear coat - it peeled off from the paint in few places while I was sanding the body before polishing, and later when I was masking and assembling the body. I had to make another coat of lacquer to fix it and on some places I had to rub it down to the paint with cotton swab. It helped, but on the final stage of assembling when I was glueing the windshield it peeled off again and I couldn't fix it totally. Some silvering of the paint is still visible right in front of the cockpit, but it's so only at certain viewing angles and with right lighting. During photoshoot with softbox light it's not visible at all :D
In spite of that I'm happy with the build.
From the photo the clear coat is super done. With 2k you still need to sand and polish? I heared it's self-leveling.
I am finishing my F310B and tried various clear coat on different parts, I always have problem of sanding through clear coat in sharp places, sometimes some local repaint works but sometimes not, the problem is sometimes it's close to decals. That cost me two kits to get a good one. still looking for the best clear coat for me..

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e
Russia

Post by Super_Sych »

Enzojz wrote:
Super_Sych wrote:
Enzojz wrote:Top build
How did you deal with the clear coat?
Thanks!

I had a big problem with a clear coat - it peeled off from the paint in few places while I was sanding the body before polishing, and later when I was masking and assembling the body. I had to make another coat of lacquer to fix it and on some places I had to rub it down to the paint with cotton swab. It helped, but on the final stage of assembling when I was glueing the windshield it peeled off again and I couldn't fix it totally. Some silvering of the paint is still visible right in front of the cockpit, but it's so only at certain viewing angles and with right lighting. During photoshoot with softbox light it's not visible at all :D
In spite of that I'm happy with the build.
From the photo the clear coat is super done. With 2k you still need to sand and polish? I heared it's self-leveling.
I am finishing my F310B and tried various clear coat on different parts, I always have problem of sanding through clear coat in sharp places, sometimes some local repaint works but sometimes not, the problem is sometimes it's close to decals. That cost me two kits to get a good one. still looking for the best clear coat for me..
As I said it's nearly invisible on photos, but in real life I can see the silvering from some viewing angles. Yes, clear coat had a little orange peel, but not as big as you can get from 1K clear. It needed a little sanding. Surprisingly I sanded through the clear coat only in one tiny place and it's not visible at all - no need to fix it. Overall I'm happy with result I got with 2K - superb finish and looks super shiny after polishing.
There are few places which I didn't polish at all - around horns at top air intake, suspension arms also never been touched after clear coating, side plates of the front wing also weren't polished, mirrors and tiny winglets on the top of sidepods as well.

GGSF1
Formula e
Formula e

Post by GGSF1 »

Very good build! The paint job, the rivets, the carbon decals, the tyre markings... And that's only your second finished kit! Photography is great as well.

I have this same kit in progress, and this is a great inspiration. I know my model is not going to look as good as yours, but this is the result I would like to get in the future, so it helps to identify areas to improve in future models.

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e
Russia

Post by Super_Sych »

GGSF1 wrote:Very good build! The paint job, the rivets, the carbon decals, the tyre markings... And that's only your second finished kit! Photography is great as well.

I have this same kit in progress, and this is a great inspiration. I know my model is not going to look as good as yours, but this is the result I would like to get in the future, so it helps to identify areas to improve in future models.
Thank you very much! If I did this, then anyone with two hands can do it, I'm sure :D So good luck with your build! I'm happy if I can help you somehow with this model :)

BMW
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Alfa Romeo
Switzerland

Post by BMW »

Wow!
If my F1-2000 looked A QUARTER of what your's is, I would be happy. Well done.
Currently building:
Alfa Romeo 159 (since 2021)
Recently finished:
Renault R30 (since 2010)

Topic author
Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e
Russia

Post by Super_Sych »

BMW wrote:Wow!
If my F1-2000 looked A QUARTER of what your's is, I would be happy. Well done.
Thank you very much!

Poli051
F3
F3
Your Name: Poli050
Italy

Post by Poli051 »

Complimenti!!
che decal in carbonio hai usato?