Finished models...

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Beemax Lancia S4

Post by bossy122 »

jordan wrote:
bossy122 wrote:I studied pics of the wheels specifically and they ran different wheels throughout the rally. I wasn't able to determine a color for the centers. The nuts are painted and the gaps highlighted, guess my pics didn't catch that.
There's a pic on Wikipedia of a museum car which looks like what Beemax used for reference. I used the front page pic of GPIs coverage as my wheel ref. But as I look at it again, the rear wheel guard has several large holes around it where as the Beemax piece does not.
Nice job !..It is almost impossible to get all details correct.There are so many differences between practice and races.Main thing is that you catch "a moment"in that race or practice.It takes a pro to spot the details.Anyway,a good job done !

Alex.

Thanks. I have gone back and looked at the instructions and pics again and now I see what Steve was talking about. Those should actually be silver. The decal guide and the one pic I have of that wheel set up are difficult for my eyes to pic up, even wearing glasses. Unless I looked REALLY hard, I thought that was just a wheel with no guards on it. The eyes just keep getting worse :(

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Beemax Lancia S4 w/alu wheels (yuck!)

Post by bossy122 »

And here we are with the proper wheels. I personally like the white wheels better, but for the sake of accuracy, aluminium they are .
Attachments
20190819_150054_resized.jpg
20190819_145931_resized.jpg

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by SteveNoble »

bossy122 wrote:And here we are with the proper wheels. I personally like the white wheels better, but for the sake of accuracy, aluminium they are .
Those silver parts are not the wheels. They are just wheel covers that they fitted on some of the stages to prevent stones/gravel from entering the wheels and getting into the brakes and also they concentrated air through the vents to cool the brakes. They were not fitted on all stages. What I actually meant was to remove them altogether and underneath you have the proper wheels that were white (front) and white with a chrome lip (rear) you can see them in the thread I've linked below of another build of this car on AF. I think the car looks better without the wheel covers fitted, just my opinion. When I build mine I'll leave them off..

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbullet ... ?t=1154102
Steve Noble

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Yeah, that's how that museum piece is set up. The set up I prefer ,i'm guessing, may have been snow wheels as they appear to have run the same thing in Sweden. I just hadn't focused hard enough/saw what I wanted to see. Anyway, it is accurate now for that set up.