Backmarker
Backmarker
Your Name: Shiiya
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams and Piquet
Brazil

McLaren mp4/2b 1/20 Aoshima/beemax

Post by Shiiya »

Hi folks !

I´ve just finished it , my second kit from Aoshima/beemax , the kit overall is very good and the detail up parts is even better , the CF Decal is perfect and really easy to work with ( and there is a lot of them and take hours of work ) , but the only problem I faced was the body cowling that does not fit at all , I struggled trying to shut it but failed and in the end I decided to glue it to shut , it was a shame because I had a really hard work detailing the interior with CF decal and paint job .
But I am satisfied with the result

Shiiya
Attachments
IMG-20190319-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20190319-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20190319-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190319-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20190319-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20190319-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20190319-WA0004.jpg

AJP01
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: McLaren mp4/2b 1/20 Aoshima/beemax

Post by AJP01 »

Hey, that is a beautiful build and a great paint finish you've made there. Congratulations, I would be proud to display that build. Did you use Tamiya TS paints or other?

What portion of the engine cowling fit gave you the most problems? Is it warped, or bent on one side, or did it have difficulty closing over the sidepods, engine and piping, etc.?

Wonderful job!!
AJ

Topic author
Shiiya
Backmarker
Backmarker
Brazil

Post by Shiiya »

AJP01 wrote:Hey, that is a beautiful build and a great paint finish you've made there. Congratulations, I would be proud to display that build. Did you use Tamiya TS paints or other?

What portion of the engine cowling fit gave you the most problems? Is it warped, or bent on one side, or did it have difficulty closing over the sidepods, engine and piping, etc.?

Wonderful job!!
AJ

Thanks ! I used Tamiya TS-26 for White and automotive paint for Fluorecent red , the main problem was to attach the body cowling over the sidepods

shiiya

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Great, great job.
Everything's fine, though I hate to tell, the number on the nose (obviously not your fault) is way small.
I thought it might be due t positioning of decals, but M'boro is religiously placed where it should be. It's clearly the "2", and probably the Shell too that are really small.
see:

Hmmm... I hate to see that happening. Why don't manufacturers contact us old farts for advice?
Well, anyway, warning fr next builders.
As a side note, I had seen my own model's decals a bit small but did not ahve the time to check yet. Now it's sure.
I guess there's no fix, right? :roll: :cry:
otherwise niiiiice job!!!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Realy nice build, good paint job! A shame that you have to hide the inner section, would like to see this too.
About the number, i don`t know the kit size, but maybe a left over 2 from a Tamiya kit is a bit larger, but not sure if the colours are matching.
Take a stand!

Topic author
Shiiya
Backmarker
Backmarker
Brazil

Post by Shiiya »

[quote="JamesB"]Great, great job.
Everything's fine, though I hate to tell, the number on the nose (obviously not your fault) is way small.
I thought it might be due t positioning of decals, but M'boro is religiously placed where it should be. It's clearly the "2", and probably the Shell too that are really small.
see:

Hmmm... I hate to see that happening. Why don't manufacturers contact us old farts for advice?
Well, anyway, warning fr next builders.
As a side note, I had seen my own model's decals a bit small but did not ahve the time to check yet. Now it's sure.
I guess there's no fix, right? :roll: :cry:
otherwise niiiiice job!!![/quote
Thanks, Actually I noticed that number 2 from kit was smaller when I saw my referente book, but now I think I can live with it

Topic author
Shiiya
Backmarker
Backmarker
Brazil

Post by Shiiya »

gp-models wrote:Realy nice build, good paint job! A shame that you have to hide the inner section, would like to see this too.
About the number, i don`t know the kit size, but maybe a left over 2 from a Tamiya kit is a bit larger, but not sure if the colours are matching.
Thanks, it is a good idea, I did not think about it, and I have I lot of left over Tamiya decal :(

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Great looking build!!

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

Beautiful build and nice shiny finish.
I have the same kit with extra decals and P/E parts. It's a shame to read that you had troubles to fit the cowling, I already struggled enough with Fujimi MP4/6 and to know the 4/2B is the same is a real pain.
Last edited by Corpsegrinder on Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Stunning Paintjob and all 8) . Pity the warped Cowling.