Finished models...

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

SIMTEK AND J197 DONE :)

Post by Manu »

Hey guys , long time no build ;)
Just a bit less motivation, I've done a few planes recently, but cars in generally don't do -for the moment- the same effect they used to.
But when i see a Jordan, or a simtek, or an Arrows A18 that I just received, well I still got the flame ;)
So here are the simtek from 1994, as a tribute to Roland Ratzenberger, and a livery and a car that I liked a lot (simple, strange fat nose, purple coloretc...). I wanted to use candy purple from zero paint but it didn't work out as i wanted so metallic purple from the tamiya's MS series. Then some decals ( ST27 should come back to cartograf, they're thick, easily breakable and take long to "melt" and some parts painted with TS53.

About the Jordan 197. I did the Revell version, the ST27 is more detailed in some areas, more complicated to build though. The system of those rear wing is a bit a pain in the a... Some metal parts to glue on the body, then Photoetched wing plate to add (careful for the alignment), pretty tough to have something straight and it adds some fragility to the whole thing.
I screwed 2 decals that were originally on the side under the mastercard logo but in fact one went onto my hand but i saw it 15 minutes after, so even with microset and microsol, no way to mend that. Anyways ;)
Hope you enjoy it;)
I have to finish the Force india from 2009 and a F-117 then the Arrows A18 ;)
regards
MANU

Last edited by Manu on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robban
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Re: SIMTEK AND J197 DONE :)

Post by Robban »

Very nice builds and the J197 livery is one of the best in f1, so s27 are not using carthograf anymore... thats a pitty :(

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

well it's not written on the sheet anymore and the thickness of the decal is different, but maybe I'm wrong.
Though the difference is easily noticeable. I thought it was for the short run releases like the jordan but the simtek and the arrows are the same...

alexpayne
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by alexpayne »

As usual Manu top class work,love the Simtek I have one to do in 1/43rd.
I agree about S27 decals and I think we should all ask them to go back to Cartograph,the decals on the S27 Brawn are very poor.
Atb,Alexp.

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

Thanks.I told them that and to be clearer in their instructions. Message sent apprenrtly to the design staff so far....

badun
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Bryan Duncan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All-time favorite is Senna but I don't cheer for a particular driver or team any longer. I just want to see good races with multiple teams capable of winning!
United States of America

Post by badun »

Both are beauties! Although I remember Ratzenberger the shame is I'd forgotten about Simtek. :oops:

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Nice work Manu!! Cool cars as well!

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Hey Manu! Very nice and clean Buils on both :) . Did this Simtek Kit come with wider Diffusor from early '94 Season, didn't Simtek have those Airholes on back of the Enginecover by the Time of Imola GP? I thought those Airholes to prevent maximum Horsepowers were introduced at Barcelona '94 or some later Race.

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

For the diffuser, I don't know, for the hole in the airbox you may be right, I didn't care that much about this.Maybe I should have, ST27 gave the metal part to fill the hole but didn't use it.
Looking at ome pictures, you're right , the hole didn't exist in St marin.Oh well... :) my day is ruined

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Manu wrote:For the diffuser, I don't know, for the hole in the airbox you may be right, I didn't care that much about this.Maybe I should have, ST27 gave the metal part to fill the hole but didn't use it.
Looking at ome pictures, you're right , the hole didn't exist in St marin.Oh well... :) my day is ruined
For the Diffusor there was Wooden Blank used later in '94 Season, if It's not under the Floor then It's wider Diffusor. I'm so sorry for ruining Your Day :mrgreen: