SIMTEK AND J197 DONE :)

Finished models...

BigDuke6
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Re: SIMTEK AND J197 DONE :)

Post by BigDuke6 »

Nice builds from the MM kit master... Keen to see how the Arrows turns out - these cars look so boxy in comparison.

Keep em coming & something tells me you don't really mind the holes in the Simtek airbox - I kinda like them!

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

Thanks for the kind word, even if I always find something (or something always goes wrong in the building process) wrong on my models....
Well I come to a point where the "100 rivets, carbon eveywhere, scratchbuild some parts,100% accuracy " isn't growing on me anymore, so just try to have a good replica of kits i like, and if it isn't matching the real one 100 % oh well...it's fine. Still no problem to discuss what I forgot here and there but no, that won't wake me up in the night ;)
When I see the different topics on arcforums about some planes's accuracy, this isn't a hobby anymore, it's a madness ;)
Thank you guys. The arrows paintwork start this week end ;)

Teles
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Copersucar-Fittipaldi
Brazil

Post by Teles »

Very very nice work Manu (as you always do), thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Marcelo.

heezonit
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by heezonit »

[quote]
[quote="Manu"]Thanks for the kind word, even if I always find something (or something always goes wrong in the building process) wrong on my models....
Well I come to a point where the "100 rivets, carbon eveywhere, scratchbuild some parts,100% accuracy " isn't growing on me anymore, so just try to have a good replica of kits i like, and if it isn't matching the real one 100 % oh well...it's fine. Still no problem to discuss what I forgot here and there but no, that won't wake me up in the night ;)
When I see the different topics on arcforums about some planes's accuracy, this isn't a hobby anymore, it's a madness ;)

Well put! I have to realize the limitations of my resources (supplies and TIME) and then decide if I will get anything built! The more I worry about perfection, the more paralyzed I become with my building! To some degree, I think most of us builders who built as kids and still build, enjoyed models more as children, when they were built crudely by our present standards, but then our imagination filled in the rest to make the model more real than the present perfect build! My ships sailed in the bathtub, my planes went out in the yard with me and flew many missions, and my cars usually rolled up more miles and sometimes went up in flames!

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

thanks ;). IT's a hobby. i understand the people who want a 100% crazy modelno problem. But sometimes even if you've put carbon everywhere, if a wrong detail catches your eye, it's useless. But to each his way of fun !!!!

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

Manu wrote:Thanks for the kind word, even if I always find something (or something always goes wrong in the building process) wrong on my models....
Thank you guys. The arrows paintwork start this week end ;)
Manu,Well done on all your new models.I realy enjoy them and some are even on my screensaver.. :P .I also gave up on the rivet counting
myself.I try to build as close as I can..but due to lack of reference I'll always got stuck with my builds at some point.More often I get tired,out of focus and stop building for a while.So instead of enjoy I get frustated and this can not be the meaning..so I started building
at my own pace and ability and that gives me a good night sleep.. :lol:

Alex Nahooy.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Thanks Manu!
Your supply of worthseeing images is really welcome in a world where it's easier to see comments on acuracy than, definitely, what we want... MODELS!!!!! :)
The Symtek looks really fine, and the MP4/11 too. Thumbs up on an alternative to the nice but self darkening TS36...

RE60B
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Cédric
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: RENAULT
France

Post by RE60B »

good evening and superb work!

Why you dont try to make a Andrea Moda S921? It is the same chassis of the simtek?

cheers

cédric

eyckles
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by eyckles »

Beautiful work on the Simtek and the J197. Looks amazing.

Best regards,
Lesley
Best regards,
Lesley