FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Brush care

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Hi all,

Recently I bought a bottle of Tamiya's brush conditioning fluid, thinking it would do as it says and keep the bristles of my brushes clean and supple.

Having treated all my brushes with this fluid and left them all to completely dry, I have noticed a powdery residue and assumed it's down to this conditioning fluid.

I would have thought that you'd treat this fluid in a similar way to using shampoo - wet the hair, shampoo, then rinse to avoid any residue.

So fellow Forum members, what is your process for brush cleaning and general maintenance?

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Re: Brush care

Post by Seema »

A well-known painter uses petroleum jelly to keep his brushes supple when he doesn't need them for a long time. Such a week
Rinse the Vaseline with baby hair shampoo before use. Between the painting work (overnight) he wets the bristles with saliva. I've been doing this for many years and I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to other answers.
Seema

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Re: Brush care

Post by vekkuli »

Firstly rub the Paint off with a piece of wooden Wool moistured with Acetone ( used to remove Nail Lacquer ). Secondly wash Brushes with Water.