Ask away...

Topic author
Papalou
F2
F2

1/24 Porsche 956

Post by Papalou »

Happy Holidays to all :)

Have a question about painting a section of the chassis for the 1/24 Tamiya 956 - What color is the underside and topside of the chassis where the front suspension is located? On the instructions sections 3 and 7 do not say. The parts (areas) around that section are identified, but that one area is not.

Many thanks
Lou

lham44
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: David
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Red Bull
United States of America

Re: 1/24 Porsche 956

Post by lham44 »

Lou, not sure which version you are doing but scalemates has instructions on it and for the Canon car it seems to show what you are looking for, at least maybe it's a start.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya- ... 56--123003

robdebie
F2
F2

Post by robdebie »

The whole chassis is bare aluminium, I've never seen it painted.

However, between the front wheels, on the lower side, the aluminium chassis is raised to make room for a concave area, usually called 'Delle' (dent). That Delle is part of the short-tail (high downforce) aero package, but absent on the long-tail (low downforce) aero package. Therefore a glassfiber (I think) part is provided for either layout. The Tamiya 956 is the long-tail version, therefore the Delle is absent, there's a flat plate there, part A5. The Tamiya 962 has the Delle, if you want to see it.

Here's a photo I took at the Spa 2010 Classic:

The colour of the Delle / flat plate of your car is a bit of a guess. My first guess is white-ish since the car was probably delivered in white, and why bother painting the bottom side. But my photo shows a dark grey version.

Rob

Topic author
Papalou
F2
F2

Post by Papalou »

Thanks