tamiya 312t4

Ask away...

Topic author
87bmwm6
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

tamiya 312t4

Post by 87bmwm6 »

starting a new projekt, the Ferrari 312t4 in 1/12 scale. I have acquired the rims and velocity stacks from TVF1 and the screens for the velocity stacks. photo etched set and indycal decals are on the way....is there anything else out there....a set of turned aluminum shocks would be nice...

mhop80
Spectator
Spectator

Re: tamiya 312t4

Post by mhop80 »

I have just started this project too and have acquired new decals, PE parts and additional wires and tubing plus metal foil. I have bought a build diary from modelersite as well.

Since discovering TS-83 metallic paint I might keep some of the PE parts on the shelf. Good luck with your build!

Topic author
87bmwm6
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: tamiya 312t4

Post by 87bmwm6 »

mhop80 wrote:I have just started this project too and have acquired new decals, PE parts and additional wires and tubing plus metal foil. I have bought a build diary from modelersite as well.

Since discovering TS-83 metallic paint I might keep some of the PE parts on the shelf. Good luck with your build!
get the brake ducts from indycals. they are quite nice. also thunder valley f1 makes a set of turned aluminum rims, but expect to wait six months for them. Mac's modeling also has a set of turned aluminum rims but are almost 300 dollars compared with the 95 dollars thunder valley charges. I have an extra set of turned aluminum velocity stacks if your interested. they came from thunder valley. the haynes 312t manual is very good for some detail shots of the 312t range of Ferrari's. The thunder valley rim set came with a cd of detailed shots of the 312t4, you will see details like the velocity screens over the stacks are white plastic.