Project help

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
AeroDee
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Project help

Post by AeroDee »

Anyone know where I can find some photos of a f1 car cross section ? I would like to model either a part of a f1 car or the rear body work of a F1 car for my Final project in 3dAuto Cad . Which is a challenge cause It will be done in auto cad, Any suggestions or Ideas will be a great help.

thanks
AeroDee

Lazbun
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

RE: Project help

Post by Lazbun »

Do you mean like cutaway drawing of a F1 car?
PUN

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Do you mean just the bodywork? If that's the case you should take a look at Ferraris. They usually publish pictures on the presentations of the new season's cars directly from the side and the top, so you already have two basic views.
If you take a car from one of the previous seasons ( say 2000 to 2004 ) you'll also be able to get pictures from many different angles. On top of that you can get a model and use it for reference :-)

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Do you mean just the bodywork? If that's the case you should take a look at Ferraris. They usually publish pictures on the presentations of the new season's cars directly from the side and the top, so you already have two basic views.
If you take a car from one of the previous seasons ( say 2000 to 2004 ) you'll also be able to get pictures from many different angles. On top of that you can get a model and use it for reference :-)

Topic author
AeroDee
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: RE: Project help

Post by AeroDee »

Lazbun wrote:Do you mean like cutaway drawing of a F1 car?

No, not a cut away...that would be one half the car the length of the car. What Im looking for is cross section like a drawing of a fuselage of an airplane or an airplane wing. Where each cross section is measured on a line that runs the length of the car down the center. each intersection where the cross section and the line meet is called a moment.
I'm looking for drawing like this because I would like to use a certain command to render the drawing which would make it easier to model.

jaykay wrote:Do you mean just the bodywork? If that's the case you should take a look at Ferrari's. They usually publish pictures on the presentations of the new season's cars directly from the side and the top, so you already have two basic views.
If you take a car from one of the previous seasons ( say 2000 to 2004 ) you'll also be able to get pictures from many different angles. On top of that you can get a model and use it for reference Smile

Unfortunately my kits are put up in storage for now.. hey good excuse to go buy one
....though my wife would most likely :roll: question me if I spent money on a kit right about
now...

Aerodee :wink:

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

RE: Re: RE: Project help

Post by daniel »

cross section drwings are very rare and usually only have 3-4 sections so it won't help to much. I usually build my 3d models from modelplans and take kit parts as reference

this was modeled from tamiya plans and photos over 4 days

http://3dgrafix.de/importe/mini.jpg

I didn't have the model at hand whish maked it very hard to build

daniel
-germany-

Topic author
AeroDee
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by AeroDee »

real nice work.. what program are you using to model? 3d max???
To tell the truth that really looks better than what I'm going for... I am using cad2007 to model a 3d subject which auto cad isn't really all that great at doing. so the work will be alot harder to finish. I guess my options are to dig out a kit or fake it.. :mrgreen:
Aero Dee

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

I'm using Maya

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/in ... id=7635018

but I'm doing 3d for around 10 years, so I guess I have a little experience :-) and modeling cars is not that easy...but keep us updated on your progress and if you need any tips please feel free to ask

daniel
-germany-

Topic author
AeroDee
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by AeroDee »

Yeah if figured it was a really good program for 3D modeling like Maya thats why it looked so nice .. :)
From what I saw of your mini there seems to be alot of work to to model a car in 3d but Im up for the challenge.
I will digging out a kit tomorrow to model.. Will keep you updated..

AeroDee