F2007 and 312 T4

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
westra
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

F2007 and 312 T4

Post by westra »

Hello, Just received the zeropaints. I ordered 70/80's red, the metallic red 2007 (for the Chinese GP) and the clearpack. They look verry promissing and easy to use. With some luck on the internet I bought and received 100 drills 0,3 mm, so now I can break a view. At this moment I'm building the Australian GP Ferrari and on the side I'm still working on the Tameo 312 T4. I saw Daniel's work and I was impressed. For air-intakes for the rearbrakes I used another approge. I shaved the top off and solderd verry thin brass-sheet on top. In this way I didn't have to rebuild the underside. For the rollbar's I orderd some different nickelsilver rod's. I'm still loooking for a good camera for taking pictures off my models and in the future also the building process. Can someone advise me on this one??? So that's it for now, see you and keep on building.

chongman
Backmarker
Backmarker

RE: F2007 and 312 T4

Post by chongman »

For your digital camera needs...first figure out/tell us how much $$$ (or euros, pounds, etc.) you have to spend. Then we can help :wink:
When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting Steve McQueen 1971

Topic author
westra
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by westra »

I think around 800 euros. That should be enough, don't you think? It must compatible for 1/43, 1/20 and 1/12.

WeedMonkey

Post by WeedMonkey »

westra wrote:It must compatible for 1/43, 1/20 and 1/12.
I'd recommend a full size camera. I tried the 1/43 size camera, and it was really difficult to focus!

Just kidding. For 1/43, or for close-ups of portions of the larger scale models, it's very helpful to have a camera with macro focusing capabilities. The good news is that there are plenty of point-and-shoot cameras by Canon, Nikon, and others that provide macro capability for only a few hundred $US. There's no need to spend more, if all you're going to do is photograph scale models. Better to put a little money into lights and maybe a tripod and a light tent.

chongman
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by chongman »

I have a Canon Powershot S410, 4.0 mega pixels. It has a decent macro (check some of the pics in my Super Aguri WIP) and cost around $200.00 USD new. It's a small camera, 90 mm wide but still easy to hold. I use it with a small table top tripod.

Like WeedMonkey said, lighting is one of the things that is critical to getting a decent picture. The Canon S410 comes up a little short with it's built in flash. I have been using table lamps to get by for now.

I hope this helps you some.
Attachments
Canon S410
Canon S410
S410.jpg (22.09 KiB) Viewed 509 times
When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting Steve McQueen 1971

Topic author
westra
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by westra »

Looks quit good Chongman. Also checked your Aguri building proces. Very nive and clean work. Specialy the CF-ication. The photo's also look pretty good and from the looks off it it may also take the 1/43cars. Thanks for the advice :D

chongman
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by chongman »

Your welcome Westra.

Here's a 1/43 scale Tameo picture taken with the camera.

Topic author
westra
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by westra »

It sure looks OK Chongman I think that next month I will shop to get this or simular camera. I think I will need help to get the photo's on this site, but that's for later. Just finished spraying the F2007 in the old fluorecent red and can't wait to try out the Zeropaint on the 312 T4.