JORDAN EJ13 WIP - WOLF 1/20

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

JORDAN EJ13 WIP - WOLF 1/20

Post by Manu »

Hi guys ! Here's an express WIP of this kit from Wolf models.
A Simple kit not hard to buit and some ameliorations in terms of casting.The decal are still very thick, metal parts crude and soft (not easy to suport the whole car, we'll see that).
Still the good ideas of the Blue Cow BC1 have been kept (separate disk and brakes) and flaws too, thickness of the body and bubbles everywhere, but still it's much better .

Anyways, had to have this one, a sI'm a huge jordan fan ;) It will go with the EJ12 from ST27.

The tyres process to have a raint tyre is crap, looks bad, not easy to position, (it(s a rubber line you glue around the tyres) etc...So, as Wolf gives the decal to make almost the whole season versions, I got some pics from forum memebers in france and I try to do a compromise with all the GP's. More sponsor also as the Brazil version is a bit empty.

Body prep, sanding few bubbles filled, nose attach glued and putty and sanded.Ive already added the flaps

TS16 yellow is used.I used TS47 on the EJ12 but I wanted something more acid. SO 4 layers of yellow and then, Mr hobby clearcoat :)

Still have topaint the underneath anf the 2 flaps in black.I'll add carbon on those last 2.

Then the seat. It's normally not sabelt written on it but the decal never succeeded in being applied on the fabric, so I put sabelt.ST27 harness used here.

Markings applied, so as I said a compromise of the Gp of the season, of course with the cancer logos.

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

RE: JORDAN EJ13 WIP - WOLF 1/20

Post by Manu »

2nd part
Front wing.no big trouble here. Renaissance carbon with some smoke on it to darken it a bit

For the rear wing, here's the "all in 1 " technique ;)
You glue the whole piece, then primer it, add the lightest color, then mask it, spray black, remove the tape and 2 paint touch ups and you're set !

For the rear light, I've seen this in a store with my girlfriend, in a mercery.Red or clear; looks cool ;)

Looks like a jewel I know, but it brings a nice touch on the models ,IMHO.

Then the front suspensions, don't forget to add the bargeboards, I'll only glue the attach to them and not to the body , it' can ruin the paint job (experienced on ST27 kits ;) )

Just to check, i'll glue the front wing at the very end

Part 3 's coming.

garymc
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Gary McIntyre
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren, Senna
United States of America

Post by garymc »

Hey Manu nice job,I like Jordans also.

Regards,Gary

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

3rd and last part. Here we come to the worst part of this kit, the rear suspensions. Here are the part. The 2 on the down left are too long in every terms.To join the body and also at the extremity to join the part that will hold the wheel. Also the molding is rough.

SO what to do? put an Axle? yeah but the 2 flaps will disappear. As the suspensions part have to go through the body (another occasion to scrath the paint job ;) , I decided to not glue them, and as I also saw that the metal suspension at the front is weak, I decided to add 2 little plastic part to support the car, and then lower to the maximum the wheels so they can touch the ground without having to endure all the weight of the car.

Looks ok so far. Stil it's not ST27 quality, but it looks quite good, and even it it's a bit thicker, it looks more reaistic that some ST27 kits....

Last pic, the nose looks a bit thick to me...
Then I'll add wheels, Wolf gives some Tamiya-like tyres transfer but they're thick ,and a bit yellow (as all the white areas of the decals, not 100 % pure white, So i replaced them with ST27 ones, and put antennas, deflectors attach, and we're set !!!!

The yellow has gotten more dense with the clear coat, perfect.

PIcs of the finished model !

SO let's say :
+ : Good tires, wheels, resin is better than some other previous kits, lot of decorations possible but not mentionned on the instruction sheet, but a good point.
- : Decals not white and thick (I'm sure even TS13 couldn't crack them ;) ), metal parts rough and soft, rear suspensions

Thanks for reading all this, if you have any questions, I'm there !!!
Next will be the RED 5 Jag or the Super aguri 2007.

Thanks

MANU

DerXL
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Axel
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet, Kamui Kobayashi
Netherlands

Post by DerXL »

Great build.

I think the Jordans were very attractive cars. And it shows with your build.
Well done !

Gooch
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Dave Sans
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by Gooch »

Really nice build Manu the yellow looks fantastic also very cool way of doing the rear wing. Looking forward to what’s next what is that 1/43 with the nose sticking out? :D
Regards,
Dave

ziggy
Midfield
Midfield

Post by ziggy »

Absolutely great Manu!!!!! incredible.... :shock:

Topic author
Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

my god Dave you have eyes everywhere !!!
it's a Jordan 195 from BBR almost done ;)
thanks guys !!!

SWestern
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by SWestern »

Manu,

Excellent work as we have come to expect from 'Mr Speedy'. It looks better than in Wolf's own publicity shots - credit to you.

I'm glad I'm not alone in suffering from modellers finger nail! Or perhaps you are a Goth/EMO?

Gooch
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Dave Sans
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
United States of America

Post by Gooch »

Manu wrote:my god Dave you have eyes everywhere !!!
it's a Jordan 195 from BBR almost done ;)
thanks guys !!!
:lol: I scored a Tameo Jordan 193 on e bay last week cheap I be waiting for the photos of the 195 :wink:
Regards,
Dave