312B

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

glr190959
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Giovanni
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari Gilles Villeneuve
Italy

Ferrari 312 B

Post by glr190959 »

Hi ,
the color radiator is gloss silver like you can see in the color pictures of the book "Formula 1 in camera 1970-79" by Rainer Schlegelmilch and Paul Parker (Haynes editor) at page 27. In this pic, that show the 312B during a break in the paddock, it is visibile the radiator with silver body and some gold color renforcements in the corners of the radiator body .
Today, I don't have the possibility to put the picture in the web, but I will make everything to do it.
Regards,
Giovanni La Rosq

Topic author
garymc
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: Gary McIntyre
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mclaren, Senna
United States of America

RE: Ferrari 312 B

Post by garymc »

Giovanni that would be great to see,the picture from the french gp is the only picture in color that i have seen of the radiator and it is from far away.

Thanks,Gary

Post by Guest »

It's perfect and just proves that I utterly suck at model building! That really looks great. I like the in progress pictures. It is kind of a let down when the cars are finished because some of that incredible detailing gets concealed. Again, great work.

70sFAN

Post by 70sFAN »

BEAUTIFUL !

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

Excellent work, and enjoying the read so far.

Topic author
garymc
World Champion
World Champion
United States of America

Re: RE: Ferrari 312 B

Post by garymc »

dna-one wrote:It's perfect and just proves that I utterly suck at model building! That really looks great. I like the in progress pictures. It is kind of a let down when the cars are finished because some of that incredible detailing gets concealed. Again, great work.
James don't be so hard on yourself,every build you do will get better and better I just try and improve with each car.I look at as many pictures of the subject i'm working on as possible and pick area's that need improving,try to keep with the detail that is closest to the eye don't worry about the stuff that is burried you won't see it and as the old saying goes practice makes perfect.Again to everyone thanks for the replies and I should have some pictures to share soon.

Regards,Gary

Topic author
garymc
World Champion
World Champion
United States of America

312B frt susp-oil tanks

Post by garymc »

Hi everyone been busy on other stuff than modeling but made some progress.Got the front suspension put together,pretty straight forward here just drilled the rotors and made different brake lines to bring them out the body under the upper control arm instead of by the lower arm and replaced the spring line with tubing.The oil tanks needed alot of work to get the seams to line up alot of sanding also made brackets that hold the tanks to look more like the real thing.The older tamiya kits need alot of help in the fine detail department to depict the real car but I enjoy that the most.Here are a few pictures of whats been done.

Regards,Gary

Topic author
garymc
World Champion
World Champion
United States of America

312B almost complete

Post by garymc »

Cars almost near completion and should be done after the weekend.Have enjoyed everyones comments and help.Still have to clearcoat the nose and the rear spoiler and put the wheels together but every thing else is pretty well done, just a few little details to finish.

Regards,Gary

43rdMichael
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

RE: 312B almost complete

Post by 43rdMichael »

That's really sweet Gary.

roly01
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by roly01 »

Yes, that's one very nice build 312b.
And on your working desk it really looks as if it is in a real garage, looks very nice.
Your doing a great job on this model.