WIP: S27 Super Aguri SA07

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by Manu »

very cool job.I had trouble on mine on the front. You can' t bend the suspensions too much otherwise the parts are not "ready" for that and don't fit anymore at all,, or the frontwing touch the groung a bit....Can't believe ST27 cant think about that before.
I'll post pics this week of the finished car.
Still I hope you're not planning to put the wheels on, as Mark said ;)

Topic author
chongman
Backmarker
Backmarker

WIP:S27 Super Aguri SA07-update

Post by chongman »

Hi Manu and CaptainMark,

Thanks for taking the time to comment about my SA07, much appreciated!

I have finished the cf work on the front suspension. The upper arms were kind of tricky to get right, a couple of times I cut the decal with the pattern going in the wrong direction but finally got it right.

I'm still working on the fit of the fins to the side pods, almost got it the way I like. I did take the liberty of enhancing the bracket shape somewhat to match the contour of the mounting point on the side pod. Yes, not "true to scale" but I think it looks much more aerodynamic :wink:

Thanks for looking!
When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting Steve McQueen 1971

Manu
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

RE: WIP:S27 Super Aguri SA07-update

Post by Manu »

great. ok I'm not stupid, there's a hole up the wing holder. I was wondering if I made something wrong or not...
I like the shape of the winglets on your kit version.mine a just round.
Pics tonight I think ;)

Emersonsquirrel
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Fittipaldi, Surtees, Williams, McLaren, Lotus
Great Britain

Post by Emersonsquirrel »

I've been following this avidly, but to my shame haven't commented to date :oops:

I've got the MP4/22, so the work you've been doing on the suspension and brakes is of great interest, especially where you've used the HD CF as opposed to the twill :wink:

Keep up the good work and keep posting the updates :lol:

ES

Topic author
chongman
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by chongman »

Hi ES,

Thanks for stopping by :)

I like to mix up the cf patterns for contrast... catch the eye sort of thing if you know what I mean. It will really pop when I get some clear on the parts. Thinking to go with some gloss and some semi-gloss finishes. That can be achieved by varied levels of polishing eh?

I'm getting into the final touch ups on the body now so I hope (please) to be able to spray the white on the body in a few more days. I'll be using Zero "Pure White" with Gunze clear.
When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting Steve McQueen 1971

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Jeff »

Very detailed work Chongman, keep it coming!

Topic author
chongman
Backmarker
Backmarker

WIP: S27 Super Aguri SA07 - updated

Post by chongman »

I got wrinkles on my fingers :lol:

Spent the past week clear coating (TS-13) carbon fiber parts and polishing them out with the Micro-Mesh system. I'm very pleased with how they turned out though there are still a few spots to go back too. I started cleaning the paint off of the mounting pins.....slow work, sanding with some 600 grit.

The undertray still needs a couple of more coats top and bottom but it's getting there. I've also finally started the white on the body. I'll bring both of them to you later in the week as they are in the spray booth right now under the heat lamps.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my stuff :!:

BigDuke6
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

RE: WIP: S27 Super Aguri SA07 - updated

Post by BigDuke6 »

Thats some might nice CF work there... not sure about the table cloth though! (very psychedelic!)

Topic author
chongman
Backmarker
Backmarker

Re: RE: WIP: S27 Super Aguri SA07 - updated

Post by chongman »

BigDuke6 wrote:Thats some might nice CF work there... not sure about the table cloth though! (very psychedelic!)
Hey Mate, you making fun of my work mat ? For you I will switch to something else...how about some tye dye next time :lol:

BigDuke6
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Re: RE: WIP: S27 Super Aguri SA07 - updated

Post by BigDuke6 »

chongman wrote:
BigDuke6 wrote:Thats some might nice CF work there... not sure about the table cloth though! (very psychedelic!)
Hey Mate, you making fun of my work mat ? For you I will switch to something else...how about some tye dye next time :lol:
Imagine if you were making a 94 Simtek - you'd loose half the pieces on that mat! =) Bring on the tie-dye!