View topic - Tameo 1:43 Ferrari 156/85

Tameo 1:43 Ferrari 156/85

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Tameo 1:43 Ferrari 156/85

Postby dr_gn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:20 am

After reading about some 1:43 builds on another forum, I was very tempted to have a go at a metal model again after a break of about 35 years. One of last ones I built was a Ferrari 156/85, when I was 15:

My Dad got it me for Christmas after going to Silverstone for the GoodYear tyre tests and Grand Prix in the summer of ‘85. Despite going to Grands Prix since I was less than a year old, that ‘85 Ferrari was really the first time I’d got to see and appreciate an F1 car up close, so it’ll always be a special car for me. Here are a couple of pics I took at the time with my Dad’s Olympus Trip:

Anyway, despite really wanting to build another, I quickly put the thought of yet another kit to the back of my mind, considering the load of other half finished projects I’ve got. I did mention it to a like-minded friend at work though...

Fast forward a few weeks to my birthday, and to my amazement, my work colleagues had a whip round and presented me with this; the latest iteration of the kit:

Beautifully presented in a neat box, it’s almost too nice to open, but when you do, it’s a treat: these days you get photo-etch, coil springs and pre-printed tyres, as well as beautifully moulded white metal:

Instructions are ‘interesting’ in places, but no problem really:

They also got me another kit with a huge amount of sentimental value: a rare Tyrrell P34 Prototype kit from about 1975:

https://www.f1m.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=31223

Amazing, especially since I pride myself on being the most grumpy and cynical person in the office.

I’ve tried to resist, but I think I’ll be making a start soon....definitely an OOB build though.
dr_gn
Midfield
Midfield

Favorite F1 Team: Jordan

Re: Tameo 1:43 Ferrari 156/85

Postby dgwoodward2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:21 am

Modern Tameo kits are so nice. Definitely a big jump from the early days. Great to hear what effect certain cars have had on others throughout their life. And having the ability to re-build a kit makes it even better. Enjoy!
dgwoodward2
Backmarker
Backmarker

Postby dr_gn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:53 pm

dgwoodward2 wrote:Modern Tameo kits are so nice. Definitely a big jump from the early days. Great to hear what effect certain cars have had on others throughout their life. And having the ability to re-build a kit makes it even better. Enjoy!

Thanks! I intend to enjoy a totally OOB, relatively quick build for a change...
dr_gn
Midfield
Midfield

Favorite F1 Team: Jordan

Postby RE60B » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:58 pm

great stuff for a great work, i do the same thing sometime :D

keep on!
RE60B
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Favorite F1 Team: RENAULT/LOTUS