1/12 Bentley 2003 Speed 8, LM

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

1/12 Bentley 2003 Speed 8, LM

Post by Sennafan »

So here we go been a while

Finished about 15 models during lockdown, need to post some pics

This finally came in, placed order before lockdown, came in last week

I finally have fixed my painting woes using Splash paints and Zero, it was the Tamiya primer, so used Duplicolor white from auto store, so no more Tamiya primer for me, worked perfectly the first time, no bleed thru at all

Used Splash paints metallic green, 4 bottles, and one bottle of 2k clear and now I’m hooked, also used their Rosso red for my F1-87/88C and is amazing with the clear

And for black, had to give up on Ts-6 and 29, as cannot find anywhere, great thing is tried a satin black from Krylon and worked great

Back to kit, this kit is amazing, the level of engineering in this kit is beyond other kits from MFH, the CF decals are great and there are a lot, details are immense, the parts count is off the charts, the only thing missing is wiring instructions, but the number of included electrical connections is huge, so will try my best

Pics soon as the kit comes out of paint, the doors again are white metal but fit well this time

Alex Hague

allnie
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell. Lotus. McLaren.
Denmark

Re: 1/12 Bentley 2003 Speed 8, LM

Post by allnie »

:D :D :D
Br
Allan

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Hi Alex,

great to hear and looking forward to seeing snaps of those 15 builds. Btw 15? Lockdown was what, 2-3 months now - I think in our last virtual team meeting last week we said it is now week 12 of working out of the home office. Anyway, 15 models in that span of time, wow, from what I see most people do not get that number done in a year (no matter the scale) - me personally probably 1 per year (sad guilty chuckle). But I wonder what they are and am looking forward to see them.
RE your Tamiya primer vs Splash and Zero paints. Either I missed it or I have already forgotten again. Would you care to elaborate and also if this happens with any / all of the Tamiya primers or just one particular type. For now I've stocked up on Tamiya primers (various) and Tamiya colours, but I've also got Testors paint jars and was contemplating using Zero paints for the 8C Monza to be applied on a Tamiya primer basis. After a recommendation from a few years back I tried to get black sandable primer from Duplicolor, but that is not available around here (Europe) and I had contacted their support about it. But they could only tell me "sorry, but no".
Cheers,
Roman

plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

Watching with interest Alex, as I dearly want to get one of these !

Photographed this car at the Vintage races at Road America a couple of years ago....

Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp

BENTLEY SPEED 8 in anger.gif
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

That's not the LeMans winner though :-) But the nicer looking car!