Studio27 1/20 Stewart (finished)

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
SuperMele
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Jurgen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team: Jordan F1 Team. (Ej10, Ej11, F191, gorgeous cars)
Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Belgium

Studio27 1/20 Stewart (finished)

Post by SuperMele »

Something i have bein working on in the background :D

Testfit:

Problem 1 in the kit, the panellines are very shallow, and the body is going to be white. So in order to give a grey/black wash enough depth, i needed to scribe them much deeper: (pictures could be better)

Original:

Scribed:

Second problem, this is the upper exhaust version, only Studio27 didnt include any form of exhaust :roll:
So on to the lathe...

Opened up the airbox:

Still some sanding left, and need to testfit the pe barge boards. Shaping these will also be fun :roll:

Hoping to shoot some primer soon :mrgreen:
Last edited by SuperMele on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

nsdias
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Nelson
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell p34
Brazil

Re: Studio27 1/20 Stewart

Post by nsdias »

nice assembly, but I would like to know how did the car alignment jig? what base is this green in color?

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Nice start!

seamus
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Sean
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Great Britain

Post by seamus »

Great subject, the Stewart was such a beautiful simple colour scheme. I know how tricky rescribing panel lines can be, what did you use to do it with, it looks very neat and tidy?

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Looks like a great start! Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the instruction pages? I can't seem to find my instructions and am about to start the build process.

Topic author
SuperMele
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team: Jordan F1 Team. (Ej10, Ej11, F191, gorgeous cars)
Belgium

Post by SuperMele »

nsdias wrote:nice assembly, but I would like to know how did the car alignment jig? what base is this green in color?
It is something i made myself. Base is just wood.
seamus wrote:Great subject, the Stewart was such a beautiful simple colour scheme. I know how tricky rescribing panel lines can be, what did you use to do it with, it looks very neat and tidy?
I use these dental tools:

stubeck wrote:Looks like a great start! Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the instruction pages? I can't seem to find my instructions and am about to start the build process.
Here you go:

Topic author
SuperMele
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Belgium

Post by SuperMele »

Wheels are done, instructions didnt say to paint the centers black, but every picture i find online from the sf-03, has black centers... Front wheels come as one piece, so painting these centers black was hard. Always loved the Studio27 aluminium wheels. Tyre decals come with the kit, but sprayed these thru a Bridgestone/Potenza stencil.

Seat is done also, only thing i added was the Sabelt decals (not supplied in the kit).
Instructions say to place the seatbelts per reference, but if anyone can find a picture of the seatbelts on an 1999 Stewart... So i placed them in a way it looks good to me.

Undertray is the last thing i finished, custom mix of black and silver to give it a carbon fibre look.
Wood on the undertray is achieved with a mix of brown paints and some weathering...

Wanted to give the body a first layer of clear, but found out that my hardener for my 2k clear, was hardened. :roll: New 2k clear is on its way...

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Thanks! https://www.motorsportimages.com/photos ... t+sf3&p=13 is what I've been using for my reference. Unfortunately its hard to get much from the car later in the season with some of the updates they made, specifically the upper exhaust was a pain to find.

Indy1977TX
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Penske Racing
United States of America

Post by Indy1977TX »

Not to sound nit picky, the arrows on the tires are not accurate for 1999.

It is your model, take it or leave it. Text is hard to infer meaning so please understand I am just trying to help, not be critical.

I am enjoying seeing this one get built and I am checking the WIP almost daily.

Jordan

Topic author
SuperMele
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Belgium

Post by SuperMele »

stubeck wrote:Thanks! https://www.motorsportimages.com/photos ... t+sf3&p=13 is what I've been using for my reference. Unfortunately its hard to get much from the car later in the season with some of the updates they made, specifically the upper exhaust was a pain to find.
Now this is handy 8)
Thank you so much for this link!
Indy1977TX wrote:Not to sound nit picky, the arrows on the tires are not accurate for 1999.
No problem at all :D I havent noticed this until you pointed it out...
Some thinner on a qtip and there gone :D