Fujimi F2007 1/20 WIP

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark
United States of America

Re: Fujimi F2007 1/20 WIP

Post by CelicaGT »

Progress has been really slow on this one. I'm still waiting on some replacement tire decals.

Before installing the engine cover I wanted to take a few photos of the engine. I didn't do any extra detailing on it so it doesn't look that exciting.

And now with the engine cover installed (but not glued on). It actually fits surprisingly well on this side. I just have a few decals left, the radio antenna, and the tire decals.

On the right side the engine cover has some noticeable (but not terrible) gaps so I've glued that side down. The container below the car is so the rubber band stretches enough to hold the engine cover down securely. :mrgreen:

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

I love the pictures with the black background, sets a nice tone. In fact the entire build is coming along really nicely, and I agree with the others that you've done an excellent job with the bodywork colour! 8) Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Image Image

Topic author
CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
United States of America

Post by CelicaGT »

CaptainMark wrote:I love the pictures with the black background, sets a nice tone. In fact the entire build is coming along really nicely, and I agree with the others that you've done an excellent job with the bodywork colour! 8) Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
Thanks! The color looks really awesome (if I do say so myself :mrgreen: ) and looks even better in person.

I really like your signature btw, great guide. Do you have any secrets on figuring out what kind of paint non-Tamiya paint is if it doesn't actually say on the can if it's enamel, acrylic, etc.?

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Post by tubegenius »

That color is OK, but not nearly as cool as the "Matte Grunge Red" finish of the modern Ferrari. :roll: :roll: Sarcasm here. Can't wait to see the finished product, with the new tire decals. It'll be a stunner on your shelf.

Topic author
CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
United States of America

Post by CelicaGT »

Finally got the replacement tire decals. Just need the wheel covers and time to take some proper photos. :)

GF-F1
Team Owner
Team Owner
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ligier
France

Post by GF-F1 »

Hello,

It is very clean, the painting looks really great, be careful the arrows on the front right have to show the front of the car like the others.

Cheers

Franck
www.gf-models.eu

CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

CelicaGT wrote:I really like your signature btw, great guide. Do you have any secrets on figuring out what kind of paint non-Tamiya paint is if it doesn't actually say on the can if it's enamel, acrylic, etc.?
Cheers for the positive feedback on the article, it's one of many questions I had for years so I've set about experimenting with hundreds of paint and airbrushing things and posting what I find for others to learn from. 8)

All I can suggest about the spraycan without the paint info is to research the brand name on Google and try to find a picture of an identical can to see what paint type is listed online. Outside of that it's probably a matter of testing with various types of thinners in an airbrush (decanting the spraypaint etc), I'm not sure of a way to easily tell otherwise, except by the smell but you'd have to really familiar with different paint types I would say. But even test airbrushing with different thinners would be a challenge given that thinners seems to differ somewhat between brands even in the same paint type category. I'm very intrigued about this spraycan you've got though! lol

The finished product of this build is awesome btw, looking forward to the final completed shots!
Image Image

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Looking really good :) .

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Awesome! :D
But may I ask why rims are blacK??? :shock:

Topic author
CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
United States of America

Post by CelicaGT »

Finished! And finally had time to take & edit some photos.

Completed Topic: https://www.f1m.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=31109

JamesB wrote:Awesome! :D
But may I ask why rims are blacK??? :shock:
The rims are black because there are wheel covers that just cover them up and also it looks cool. 8) :lol:

Edit: forgot to reply to CaptainMark, thanks for the paint tips and compliments on the model! :D