Hasegawa 1/24 Nissan R91CP

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
aracefan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
United States of America

Hasegawa 1/24 Nissan R91CP

Post by aracefan »

Here's my next model - I'm a slow builder as well, but really enjoying this one. This will be the first model I do using my new airbrush setup (Iwata Eclipse with Sparmax comp.). All I've done so far is a lot of cleanup and my maiden spray of some Tamiya gray surface primer.

Primer came out okay for the first attempt.

Need to work on getting the coats down evenly...

Doesn't look like a whole lot has been done, but there were a lot of injection pin marks on several pieces - did my best to clean the parts and ready for primer. You can see that I missed a few. :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Topic author
aracefan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Re: Hasegawa 1/24 Nissan R91CP

Post by aracefan »

Been able to work on the Nissan a bit over the last week or so. Really learning a lot with the airbrush, lot of what to do, along with a lot more, "what not to do". :lol:
Just enjoyed seeing this come together with out using just rattle cans and paint brush (although I still painted a few small bits with brush.

First time I attempted to do a two-tone wheel like this kit called for. Didn't come out too bad, although I should have painted the light color than dark, unlike how I did it, dark color than light...

Instructions called out for "Earth Green" on the underside of the body pieces. i have no idea what "Earth Green" is so I mixed up my own earth green and sprayed it till it was dark enough. Looks a little darker in the pic than it actually is.

Color and decals added to the body.

Thanks for looking!

Denbo
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Denbo »

Looking good. I have been waiting for a build of one these Nissan's

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Very nice. Is the red and blue areas paint or decals? Great looking livery.

whatisdeletrazdoing
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Super Aguri, Ligier, Minardi, Rial
United States of America

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

Looking great! That livery really pops. I love these Hasegawa Group C kits, they're fun quick builds.

Topic author
aracefan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by aracefan »

Denbo wrote:Looking good. I have been waiting for a build of one these Nissan's
Thanks!! Yeah, I searched on here for one but couldn't find one that had been done.
daveyman wrote:Very nice. Is the red and blue areas paint or decals? Great looking livery.
It's painted, the red, white, and blue... Had to mix the blue as I didn't get the Zero Paints color matched "Calsonic Blue" because they're always out of it (when I check anyway). I used Tamiya Acrylics and mixed a tiny bit of Tamiya base, with the regular white till I got the color I wanted.

Thanks for looking in!
whatisdeletrazdoing wrote:Looking great! That livery really pops. I love these Hasegawa Group C kits, they're fun quick builds.
:lol: :lol: Not quick for me!! Although, I don't get the chance to work on it everyday, but again, I'm slow anyway, plus it's the first time using an airbrush. And it is a fun kit to build, has a LOT MORE detail than I thought it would have.

Thanks for looking in... I was wondering if nobody really liked the Gr.C cars. :mrgreen:
(I've got 4 or 5 more to do, another Hasegawa and a few Tamiya)

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Figured it must be paint. Looks crisp and sharp, must have done good masking! Very strong livery in my opinion.
If you ever need zero paint in the future and it's showing as out of stock, drop Steve at Hiroboy an email, he mixes a lot of his paint to order I think.
Be sure to show us your Nissan when you are done, looking forward to seeing it.

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Seems to be nice kit, good job on it. Keep it going, like group C cars a lot!
Take a stand!

CelicaGT
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark
United States of America

Post by CelicaGT »

Those Group C Nissans are beasts, and this one has that great livery. It's looking great, can't wait to see more progress.

Topic author
aracefan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
United States of America

Post by aracefan »

daveyman wrote:Figured it must be paint. Looks crisp and sharp, must have done good masking! Very strong livery in my opinion.
If you ever need zero paint in the future and it's showing as out of stock, drop Steve at Hiroboy an email, he mixes a lot of his paint to order I think.
Be sure to show us your Nissan when you are done, looking forward to seeing it.
Thanks for the tip man!! I will def remember that for next time, as I have several kits that I would like to have specific colors for. I think "my" blue turned out okay, but took me about 30 minutes to get it the color I wanted (never really mixed paint before). And my mask job is okay, I for sure need more practice - just like with the airbrush. :lol:
gp-models wrote:Seems to be nice kit, good job on it. Keep it going, like group C cars a lot!
I have never done one of these Hasegawa kits, and I'm amazed at the detail in it, like the level of detail in the body for example... crazy! There were a lot of injection pin spots, but eh, that's okay. And agree, love the Gr.C cars!!
CelicaGT wrote:Those Group C Nissans are beasts, and this one has that great livery. It's looking great, can't wait to see more progress.
Thanks!! And the livery is great - RED, WHITE, & BLUE!! Cuz, 'Merica! :lol:
I knew this one would have some "issues" as I am utilizing the new airbrush setup I got - all my other models are with rattle cans and paint brush. This has been a steep learning curve but a ton of fun at the same time.