View topic - Studio 27 Stewart SF-3

Studio 27 Stewart SF-3

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Re: Studio 27 Stewart SF-3

Postby stubeck » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 am

I've been making a lot of progress but work has been busy and its not looked like much has happened. I also haven't been very good at taking pictures unfortunately.

After primer and Zero Gloss White paint, I'm happy with the progress. Not pictured is the gloss clear coat I put on after to really make it pop.

Unfortunately the instructions included in the kit weren't accurate, so I had to re-mask some areas to put semi-gloss black on the interior bits. As I described earlier, I'm not using the right primer for this so had an issue where almost all the paint on the barge boards was removed :( The last few days I've put primer and white back on so this should be good in a few days.

Also because I'm an actual idiot, I didn't do any test fitting with parts before painting. For some reason some of the parts have the attachment points removed, so I'm going to have to redo them. When I tried to do this two weekends ago it did not go well, and my pin vise went missing to help fix it. My task for the next few days is to get the front suspension test fit before I put the decals down.

I'll make sure for the next update I actually take a lot more pictures for everyone.
stubeck
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Favorite F1 Team: Red Bull

Postby vanhookvintage » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:28 pm

Nice work, Stewart. How are things in Rochy? :D :D :D

Cheers,
Greg
"Everyone dreams of driving a Ferrari, it was my intent from the start." Enzo Ferrari
vanhookvintage
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Favorite F1 Team: Ferrari

Postby stubeck » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:18 am

Thanks. Actually up in Auburn NY now but holding tight for the moment trying not to lose my mind with the stay at home order!
stubeck
Major Constructor
Major Constructor

Favorite F1 Team: Red Bull

Previous

Return to Work in Progress