Tamiya Lotus 99T

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Re: Tamiya Lotus 99T

Post by Inuyasha »

JamesB wrote:It would already look "full equipe" for a 1/12 (that it looks like), let alone a 1/20. :D
Exactly my thoughts! Awesome detailing for 1:20!
Keep it going, can`t wait to see what`s next! :)

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Many thank`s for kind commend.
I guess i have to finish the undertray and start to look at the sidepods with it`s electronic boxes and wiring, a closer look at the area between engine and gearbox is needfull, plumbing of the engine as well! But things are going on slowly cause i need to finish some paint jobs first to attach chassis, engine and undertray finaly.
There are not much kit parts left, but a lot for detailing it to bring it to a better level then the kit offers. There is so much room for detailing it i have to left over cause i don`t have the oppertunity of a lathe, doing etched parts, decals or even 3D printing, you could have go much further then i`m going!
Anyway, i`m happy that you guys like it! :)

Seen the new re release of MFH for round about 320-350 bucks! :shock:

I think i will not reach that level!!
Take a stand!

jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

gp-models wrote: Seen the new re release of MFH for round about 320-350 bucks! :shock:

I think i will not reach that level!!
Maybe not financially, but your build will easily better an OOB Hiro kit. You would just replace more expensive parts most of the time to get to the same result.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Many thx for kind commend Joachim, i think so too when taking a look at the amount of white metal parts casted as one piece, lots of replacements to be done!
Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Do you guys think that the MFH price is too high for what you get? It`s surely a mindblowing price for a 1:20 kit, but if i`m not getting the oppertunity to build it OOB, i would not be fine with it and would switch to a Tamiya kit too. Any advise? I´m having no experience with MFH kits!

senninha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by senninha »

That looks really awesome, cant stop looking at these eyecandy again and again.. its so clean and look even better than a lot of 1:12 builds..
Thx for sharing your work

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

senninha wrote:That looks really awesome, cant stop looking at these eyecandy again and again.. its so clean and look even better than a lot of 1:12 builds..
Thx for sharing your work
Many thx for kind commend! I can give this compliment straight back as your work is realy awesome and inspiring, following it surely! :)
Inuyasha wrote:Do you guys think that the MFH price is too high for what you get? It`s surely a mindblowing price for a 1:20 kit, but if i`m not getting the oppertunity to build it OOB, i would not be fine with it and would switch to a Tamiya kit too. Any advise? I´m having no experience with MFH kits!
Yeah i think the price is a bit over the limit. Unfortunately there are a lot of pieces casted as one piece, this looks not allways good and sets a limit to the details. If your not confirm with such multimedia kits, it would not be my choice. Better and cheaper to start with a plastic kit and use some aftermarket stuff, multimedia kits need some experience and are quiet expensive.
Take a stand!

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Thank you for explanation, will follow your advise! :)

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Today a tiny update cause things are moving on slowly. Still worked on some scratch build parts for the side pods, but i`m not realy happy with the result and don`t know if i will use the part for the right sidepod. Critic welcome, so let me know what you guys think about it, using or not using it.

Here we go with the left sidepod first, made a small reservoir or whatever it is from Alu and a hex fitting, upper part is missing cause i have to paint it with clear blue first, so all dry fitted.

Electronic box got some wiring and straps.

Now on to the right side, started with brass pipes that fit together, holes drilled and soldered together. The lower part is shortened later, much easier to work on it if you can put it on a tool for holding it. Sorry for bad picture quality.

It consists of 15 parts soldered together, not realy easy cause the parts are tiny.

Lower part is only started but not finished, have to do another 2 reservoirs for that.

So not much progress, even i spend several hours to get it done, but like i said, not realy happy with it, could have been done better.
What do you think? Moving on with it or recreating it?

Thx for watching!
Take a stand!

Belugawrx
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Belugawrx
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Wolf Williams Lotus
Canada

Post by Belugawrx »

I think it looks great, once painted and in place should be convincing !
Wonderful detailing ..I am following
Cheers
Bruce Coy