2019 RB15 1/20

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
SebLeung
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

2019 RB15 1/20

Post by SebLeung »

My kit arrived today and I'll post pictures of the complete kit here - I feel bad hijacking fatfrog's thread. I doubt I'll start this kit any time soon but it'll be pretty high up on my list of kits to do.

Box

Super rudimentary mockup

Floor is really well made upon cursory inspection. Really thin too, the slits could prove a bit delicate. Have to be careful not to drop this.

A lot of the resin parts have this weird, brown, sticky residue splashed onto it. Never seen that before.

Panel lines and rivet holes look good

If anybody is curious about 2019 reg changes, here are the 2019 rear wing end plates vs 2017 spec end plates, as well as 2019 front wing main plane vs 2017 spec front wing.

Instructions

Decals - looks like all yellow parts are decals. They seem a bit transparent though...the blue from the decal sheet seems to be showing through the yellow a bit... there's a yellow block of extra yellow for patch ups and testing at least so we'll see. Also interesting that the rear wing end plate decal includes blue at the top. I predict a 2% chance it'll match the rest of the painted blue on the body. Good thing it's easy to cut off.

Just noting that the Pirelli decals are a lot more convenient than the S27 sets out there, since each stripe is attached to a logo ensuring proper spacing. The S27 ones are a pain to align.

Overall the quality seems to be consistent with the DTM SF71H kit from last year. I think in many ways the simplified aero regs of the 2019 season means that it'll be more straightforward to assemble than the 2017-2018 cars.

I'll also have to wait for Zero Paints to release a corresponding colour for this car. I know Gravity Colours makes one but I'm not sure if I can get that in Canada.

I hope this has been useful for anybody interested in this kit. If/when I start building it I'll continue in this thread.
http://www.f1modelling.com

Indy1977TX
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Penske Racing
United States of America

Re: 2019 RB15 1/20

Post by Indy1977TX »

Good looking kit, will be interesting to see this one built.

Jordan

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

These sticky brown sections depend on that resin and hardener is not mixed well, made the same mistake on my early resin castings, but the overall look of this kit is realy nice!
Take a stand!

ajerome33
Spectator
Spectator

Post by ajerome33 »

What manufacturer is this from? Can you give me a link to where I can purchase this kit? Big max fan.

vinceqn
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by vinceqn »

I'd like info as well please

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

For those wondering where to get it,Fat frog has a thread here where he’s showing his build, and also has a for sale thread as well. He’s a little nervous of making clear who the kit is of

whatisdeletrazdoing
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Super Aguri, Ligier, Minardi, Rial
United States of America

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

Looks like a very nice kit. Sharp detail and those decals are outstanding. Looking forward to this build!