MFH 911 Carrera RSR Turbo

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Daveporschephile
F2
F2

Re: MFH 911 Carrera RSR Turbo

Post by Daveporschephile »

Wonderful.

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

[quote="VR2"]All casted bolts on the MFH engine parts have been replaced with 3D printed bolts (made on my Anycubic Photon) and each bolt has been inserted individually.

Are you happy with your printer and can you share some experinces and maybe show some printed parts...would be great !!

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Topic author
VR2
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: VR2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Gilles Villeneuve
Germany

Post by VR2 »

I'm pretty happy with the printer/print results. There are almost no visible layer lines visible. In my view, the quality is (much) better than the parts printed by Shapeways, where the print layers are much more visible and often require sanding to smoothen the surface (with the risk of damaging fine details)

I've heard about a Facebook forum about the Anycubic Photon where lot's of hints & tips are being shared, however, I've never been there as I've learned the "how to" from a friend. The printer is pretty affordable (300 Euro or less) plus the Resin. I've upgraded my printer with a twin-rail Z-Axis from Simon Jackson in the UK to avoid vertical "wobbling", which may negatively impact the printing quality for higher parts.

As slicer software, I'm using ChiTuBox, which is straight forward and easy to use. The results are speaking for themselves. Most important to me is the extreme short cycle time for rapid prototyping. From the CAD file to the final print takes less than 3 hours for most of my parts. Key is to have the right CAD tools and skills, the printing as such is easy going. The flip side is that the resin smells, therefore the printer should be installed at a well ventilated place.

Here we go with some parts made for the RSR
3D-Parts_1.jpg
Also most of the bolts, fittings and other small parts can be made very quickly. A coat of Alclad directly airbrushed over the parts (no primer required) and you get parts, which look like machined
3D-Parts_2.jpg
3D-Parts_4.jpg
3D-Parts_3.jpg

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

Thansk so much for the info and pictures....I guess I will need to order me one of those printers really soon !! 3D modelling is no problem, I've been doing that for over 20 years now. Thr printers comes right on time for my 1/12 Mefistofele ;)

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

Topic author
VR2
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Germany

Post by VR2 »

Daniel, you will be absolutely pleased, I bet :-) With this tool on your bench, you have the sky full of stars

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Hi Uli,

this is, sad to say, stunning work "as usual". I love it. And I've had that anycubic printer on my watch list for some time and have now also bookmarked the upgrade you mentioned. I will probably not get it this year, as I have a few other rather pricey things lined up in my shopping carts for the remainder of this year, but eventually I will succumb and get it. So prepare yourself for an onslaught of (probably) silly questions when i get it ;). A lathe would also probably be necessary to achieve what I have in my mind. I've learned so much about actual manual labour in the past months remodelling my place... so much so that I actually look forward to tearing things down to rebuild them (hopefully) better ;).

That aside, this is going to be (yet) another benchmark build. I still remember the 917 which now resides in my how to reference build folders :). That alternator alone is a thing of beauty. Most likely no one will ever see it in the finished model - doesn't matter, you know it's there - and that's all that counts. Anyway, when's the next update due? It's been a few days ;)
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
VR2
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Germany

Post by VR2 »

Hi there, coming back with a short update about the building progress (which is pretty slow at the moment due to construction of new parts for the RSR)

All extra parts for the engine are now ready for painting and assembly. Today I could finish the fuel pump, which is basically a complete new design, likewise I could finish the new oil-filter and the left/right halfshaft. Thanks again to Michael of MWT for supporting this project !
Fuel_Pump_1.jpg
Fuel_Pump_2.jpg
Fuel_Pump_3.jpg
Fuel_Pump_4.jpg
Oil_Filter_1.jpg
Oil_Filter_2.jpg
Halfshaft.jpg
Roman, after our private conversation, I hope you enjoy your Anycubic printer and thanks for your nice comments about this WIP.

BR, Uli

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Splendid detail job Uli!
Take a stand!

Jeff
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman