MFH 911 Carrera RSR Turbo

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

senninha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Re: MFH 911 Carrera RSR Turbo

Post by senninha »

What should I say, you set the bar very high, may the highest bar I‘ve ever seen. This is amazing and truly an inspiration. Unforntunately I know this is a level I can‘t achieve in this life :D

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Amazing detail work Uli! :)
Shame that a lot of these nice details are mainly hidden, ignition coils looking great too, the engine bay will be an eyecatcher once finished.
Take a stand!

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Amazing detail work Uli! :)
Shame that a lot of these nice details are mainly hidden, ignition coils looking great too, the engine bay will be an eyecatcher once finished.
Take a stand!

Seema
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Martin Seelos
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Williams, Toleman, Mclaren.
Austria

Post by Seema »

The seat is very well made. Great technology what they used. The dashboard and steering column with light lever look like the real thing. Great, that is the measure of all things. I've never seen anything better.
Seema

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

Thank you for sharing your technic on the seat, looks impressing along with all the other details! :)

Topic author
VR2
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: VR2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Gilles Villeneuve
Germany

Post by VR2 »

Hi, thanks again for your encouraging comments :-)

In the meantime, I could finish the rolling chassis. Everything is completed and in place. For the first time, the car is on its wheels and the bodywork again dry fitted. Some minor adjustments here and there but overall, the fit is pretty good :-)
Rolling_Chassis_15_S.jpg
Rolling_Chassis_16_S.jpg
Rolling_Chassis_17_S.jpg
Rolling_Chassis_18_S.jpg
Rolling_Chassis_20_S.jpg
Rolling_Chassis_19_S.jpg
Next is to finish the bodywork. Guess, my next update will be to present the finished model :-)

BR, Uli

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Impressing work Uli, once finished it will be an eyecandy! :)
Would be nice to see the bodywork going into colour ;)
Take a stand!

Topic author
VR2
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: VR2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Gilles Villeneuve
Germany

Post by VR2 »

Hi there, another short update on the paint/decal job of the bodywork. Progress has been a bit slow due to other projects I'm working on.

The paint job has been pretty straight forward:

1. rework the body parts in terms of removing irregularities, filler/sanding and smoothening/polishing the surface as the base paint used (Zero Martini Porsche Silver) is very finely pigmented and does not forgive the slightest irregularity on the part's surface. For those who have built aircraft (or other) models with Alclad bare metal finish know what I'm talking about.

2. as primer, a few medium coats of Alclad grey primer have been applied with the air gun. Normally I use Tamiya primer from the spray can but with the spray gun I had a better control about the thickness

3. sanding the primed surface to remove remaining irregularities
BW_1_Primer Kopie.jpg
4. a few final primer coats and polishing of primed surface first with a cotton cloth (to remove the "dusty" overspray and then with wet polishing pads (grid 2000/3000)

5. 3 medium coats of Zero Martini Porsche Silver (a 60ml bottle is sufficient for the complete model). The paint dries extremely quick so the 3 coats could be applied in a row with less than 10 minutes in between. Btw. for this paint step, I've been using for the first time my new MENG MTS-030 air gun with flat pattern air cap and I was very pleased about the even spray pattern
BW_1.jpg
BW_2.jpg
BW_3.jpg
The decals were relatively easy to work with but required a good portion of softener (Micro Sol) to cling evenly to the rounded surfaces.

Interestingly, many Zero paints (so the Martini Porsche Silver) can be polished to a certain extend provided a sufficient paint thickness. Nevertheless I've decided to apply a 2K clear cote over the decals as final step (not yet done). A few selected decals will be applied on top of the 2K clear.

Next update will be about finalizing and the various attachment parts and hopefully by Xmas, the model will be read for the roll-out :-)

BR, Uli

PS: as heads-up and for motor lovers, I plan to start a WIP about a full scratch/full detail model of the Porsche 917 engine in 1:6 scale, which I have already started to develop

ferrarissimus
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Germany

Post by ferrarissimus »

Hey Uli, it's not OK, when you show us photos from a real car and say it's Your building!! Ha, Ha.
This is simply fantastic and I'm a little bit ashamed, when I compare this car with my Ferrari buildings.

Grüße ferrarissimus

pgarat
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: PGarat
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus…
Chris Amon, P.Depailler, James Hunt, Jim Clark, Tazio Nuvolari, Ascari…
France

Post by pgarat »

Hi,

Well...
Well, well, well...

Speechless! Simply speechless!... :shock: :shock:
This stellar work is surely coming from another galaxy... Uli Galaxy!

Pascal (back to play Lego!... :arrow: )
I'd rather be flying!

If only Closed Minds came with Closed Mouth