View topic - MFH 911 Carrera RSR Turbo

MFH 911 Carrera RSR Turbo

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Re: MFH 911 Carrera RSR Turbo

Postby daves » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:47 pm

Wonderful work in progress to follow. BTW the comments on the bolt colors are interesting. I worked for Porsche and Mercedes-Benz in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Parts Manager. The bolts and nuts were referred to as Cad plated or Cadmium. I think they are still used and available for the 1/1 cars.

Dave
daves
Minor Constructor
Minor Constructor

Postby -Felix- » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 am

That dashboard is a masterpiece, truly a model of it's own! But that you can say about the drivetrain as well, as well as the suspension etc....
Only thing is, it looks very much slanted upwards (the dials), but that might be because of the test fitting only.
-Felix-
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Mclaren, Lotus

Postby gp-models » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:29 am

Superb Uli, i even can read the VDO bagde on the instruments, truely impressing!
I love the research side of these jobs too, it`s like sinking into the construction of a car and understanding the technical side to reset everything and bring it to scale. Sometimes it can take a while till you have a good collection of datas, references and what else is needed to start such a project, i only can imagine how nuch effort you put in this part of modeling before even unboxing the kit itself, then taking all mesurements to make parts fit and all the design chapter for the new parts, realy realy impressing how far yo covered all that details!

.....LIKE IT!!! :D
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Favorite F1 Team: Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, Lotus

Postby Leftkeys » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Guido, I agree, this is beautiful. Uli, I think I missed a few of these updates...must have been the heat. The dashboard is special, watching the progress is even more interesting. It’s inspirational.
Leftkeys
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Ferrarl, Lotus, McLaren

Postby VR2 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:30 am

Hi there, little progress made since my last post due to "summer break". Nevertheless a small update during the "saure Gurkenzeit/sour cucumber time" as we say in Germany :-)

First and foremost, many thanks for your nice comments and Felix, as you've correctly noticed, the dashboard was slanted to much upwards during the testfit as the assembly was not yet glued in place. When glued in place, it will have the correct position.

The dashboard is completely finished now, including the steering wheel and ready for installation

This picture provides an overview about the individual parts (only 3 MFH kit parts used, the rest is new)

Dashboard_PartsPlacement_Overview_S.jpg

... likewise an overview about parts used for the steering wheel (100% new parts)

Steering_7_S.jpg

some pictures about building the steering wheel including mounting device

Steering_13_S.jpg

Steering_14_S.jpg

Steering_16_S.jpg

Also started to build the driver seat ...

... modified seat frame

Seat_1_S.jpg

Seat_3_S.jpg

Next is to paint and upholster the seat and to "laminate" it to the frame.

Thanks for watching !

BR,
Uli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VR2
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Favorite F1 Team: Ferrari

Postby Inuyasha » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:41 am

Awesome work, absolutely stunning!
Inuyasha
F2
F2

Postby Seema » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:00 am

With every new post it is anticipation what he will show us. And it knocks my socks off. The attention to detail and what is actually possible inspires me every time anew. Very good work.
Seema
F2
F2

Favorite F1 Team: Ferrari,Brabham,Williams,Lancia,Mclaren, Lotus, Tyrrell,....

Previous

Return to Work in Progress