Peugeot 905 evo 1 bis / Heller 1/24

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

robdebie
F2
F2

Re: Peugeot 905 evo 1 bis / Heller 1/24

Post by robdebie »

Denbo wrote:I will be following this as i did start one a loooong while ago but never finished it.
Its on robdebie sight under Lathafummi, I even have the LeMan's miniatures version as well but that scares me aswell
It's nice to meet some fellow 905 builders here :D

I really like what you're doing to your model! If you're still stuck with the nose fit problem, here's what I did:

Since you have the LMM kit too, a question. In my review I write about the LMM kit "It is reported that the model is based on the Heller/Airfix kit, but a couple of parts are integrated and some are changed to meet new specs". Do you see similarities between the kits?

Another question: I'm modifying the air inlets of my Airfix kit as follows, after viewing the real thing at Spa Classics:

Does the LMM kit have this feature too?

Rob

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Post by CK »

It is amazing that so many of us have interest to build this car, myself included. I have the Airfix version. I started the front end and have to use a lot of clamping force to make the upper and lower half sort of match. There are fitting problem in a lot of areas. I want to build the 1992 Le Mans winner. So there are quite some modifications to be done to the front end. That is where I stopped.

At the Ultimatecarpage.com site, there are some very good photos of the engine compartment. It actually shows two cars with different rear suspension arrangement. There are also different dash arrangement between different cars.

I will keep a close eye on this link.
C K
Canada

robdebie
F2
F2

Post by robdebie »

CK wrote:It is amazing that so many of us have interest to build this car, myself included. I have the Airfix version. I started the front end and have to use a lot of clamping force to make the upper and lower half sort of match. There are fitting problem in a lot of areas. I want to build the 1992 Le Mans winner. So there are quite some modifications to be done to the front end. That is where I stopped.
I'm not sure whether you already glued it, but here's what I did: I cut off the lower millimeter of the tub:

Later I raised the rear by 0.5 mm again, so ideally you would cut a wedge off, but I wouldn't know how to do that. My top and bottom body halves now fit perfectly.

Of course Heller should have taken care of this, but here we are :)

Rob

Topic author
gderoo
Formula e
Formula e

Post by gderoo »

robdebie wrote:
gderoo wrote:As there is no decal with the brand name for the engine I decided to go to the local Modelshop and get Some letters on a Sprue. I chromed the letters P E U G E O T and then one by one put them where I wanted them. It does bring the engine more alive I think. Next up I Will add Some wiring.
That's creative!! And you managed to find the correct size, excellent.

Rob
Thank you Rob,
But it was a hell off a job to get them lined up because they are so tiny.

Also I have a problem with the tamiya extra thin cement which seems to thin the paint undercoat.

Topic author
gderoo
Formula e
Formula e

Post by gderoo »

Next: brake set mount and painting

The parts of this set are so small and my cement problem makes me loose time and retouch the paint job.
Attachments
20190812_201348_compress6.jpg
20190813_210741_compress85.jpg
20190812_195015_compress49.jpg

Denbo
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Denbo »

robdebie wrote:
Denbo wrote:I will be following this as i did start one a loooong while ago but never finished it.
Its on robdebie sight under Lathafummi, I even have the LeMan's miniatures version as well but that scares me aswell
It's nice to meet some fellow 905 builders here :D

I really like what you're doing to your model! If you're still stuck with the nose fit problem, here's what I did:

Since you have the LMM kit too, a question. In my review I write about the LMM kit "It is reported that the model is based on the Heller/Airfix kit, but a couple of parts are integrated and some are changed to meet new specs". Do you see similarities between the kits?

Another question: I'm modifying the air inlets of my Airfix kit as follows, after viewing the real thing at Spa Classics:

Does the LMM kit have this feature too?

Rob
Ill route the kit out and take some photos for you. Not sure I know where the unfinished Heller one is though....

Topic author
gderoo
Formula e
Formula e

Peugeot 905 evo 1 bis / Heller 1/24

Post by gderoo »

Little progress yesterday after a period of silence with vacation and no time to continue

I assembled the engine a bit.
also the cockpit has been covered with carbon decals.
Attachments
Engine.jpg

Topic author
gderoo
Formula e
Formula e

Post by gderoo »

New progress, adding extra wiring

I’m having difficulties with the tamiya paint coming off slightly whenever I handle the parts.
More paint retouches are needed again.
Attachments
9C97C214-8B8A-4E6C-A3A6-9B76B576542D.jpeg
15E4ACCB-8AE8-411D-8D51-BC05CA6BDBD3.jpeg

Topic author
gderoo
Formula e
Formula e

Post by gderoo »

QUESTION:

I'm having troubles with my carbon decals. Anyone has a good tip on how to put them onto surfaces
with big and a lot of different level differences and a lot of detailed surface too?

I keep on ending up with cutting the carbon decals into different smaller pieces, but in the end you can
see that. Any tips here?

I also needed to redo my paint job, because the paint is getting under the masking tape although I really paid
attention to that. Any tips to avoid this problem are more then welcome

I'll have some new progress to post shortly. Slowly but I will get there! 8)
2 decades of building timeout didn't do any good to my building skills. :D
but slowly I'm getting into it again.

robdebie
F2
F2

Post by robdebie »

I can't help with the carbon decals, but since you're moving along at a nice pace, I want to remind you to glue the engine to the cockpit bulkhead, not the floor plate. Otherwise the engine will sit too low, causing the air inlet to sit too low, etcetera.

Rob