2019 Menards Dallara Chevy Indy 500 Winner - Simon Pagenaud

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Re: 2019 Menards Dallara Chevy Indy 500 Winner - Simon Pagen

Post by indycals »

tubegenius wrote:Looking forward to seeing the finished product. This "body" style looks way better than F-1. (Never thought I'd ever say that) What color red did you use for the mirrors?
I don't know what he used but if you are a stickler for color accuracy in recent years Penske 'red' is slightly muted with a slight rose hue. There are some exceptions - such as Newgarden's Shell car at Indy was a bright red - probably very close to TS49, but the yellow was slightly muted.

tubegenius
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Honda powered teams
United States of America

Re: 2019 Menards Dallara Chevy Indy 500 Winner - Simon Pagen

Post by tubegenius »

indycals wrote:
tubegenius wrote:Looking forward to seeing the finished product. This "body" style looks way better than F-1. (Never thought I'd ever say that) What color red did you use for the mirrors?
I don't know what he used but if you are a stickler for color accuracy in recent years Penske 'red' is slightly muted with a slight rose hue. There are some exceptions - such as Newgarden's Shell car at Indy was a bright red - probably very close to TS49, but the yellow was slightly muted.
I'm not a real "stickler" it's just that I don't airbrush, so I'm always interested in finding the best match in a rattle can, even if it isn't perfect. I almost wish there was a separate rattle can "news" or "tips" forum on this site. :wink: