1/20 Modeler's Jordan J199 Multimedia WIP

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Re: 1/20 Modeler's Jordan J199 Multimedia WIP

Post by CaptainMark »

hehe correct, no chrome was used/painted. I guess my spray-painting skills must be reaching close to Jedi level now... at least occasionally... actually it's total fluke...

Paul I did think about stripping it and starting over but to be honest that takes me straight back to wanting to shelve it again, and of course that's going against just enjoying it for enjoyments sake. Also I've actually also put some sponsor decals over prior painted yellow parts of the wing assembly so if I strip those back I've essentially lost the decals. So I'm pretty much stuck with the yellow I have. No to worry though! It's still going to look pretty sexy when it's done and I have no doubt that I can wrestle this one into submission with lifted paint areas without turning it into a boomerang :)
Image Image

Topic author
CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Hi everyone, a little progress has been made and a few other challenges identified (or remembered from all those years ago...).

The body has been fixed and the first new top coat of yellow applied. I'll give it a quick polish, another top coat, polish, top coat, polish, etc... until it comes out perfect and ready for decals:

The brakes are done in different tones of alclad and paint markers, and if the light is just right they really shine up amazingly well! Shame they won't really be seen...

A Tamiya McLaren MP4/13 has been partially butchered to replace some parts. The steering wheel will be one (not remotely fussed that it won't be the correct wheel), some suspension parts that were dodgy moldings in the original Modeler's kit, and also part of the top camera was melded with pieces from each of the two kits to get better detail and 'fit' (all still a work in progress):

And the yellow decal on the wheels... it doesn't fit... *#$@ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

All fixable things in time, as always will keep pushing along and posting anything that's mildly interesting.
Cheers all!
Mark
Image Image

robrex
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Australia

Post by robrex »

Hey Mark,
Seems you and I stopped building about the same time. Great to see you back mate! I recall an afternoon at my place, was it the Jordan you were working on then?
Good luck with that masking tape....you’re in my prayers :D

Great progress and I’ll really look forward to updates!

Topic author
CaptainMark
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by CaptainMark »

Hi Rob, good to hear from you mate!
haha yeah I remember the odd visit to your awesome man-cave, it was actually the BAR 006 shown below I was working on (probably my all time favourite build!), trying to get some decals to conform around crazy curves. Still not sure how I managed it without using a hammer... :?

Image Image

Paul_OFarrell
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Your Name: Paul O'Farrell
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Paul_OFarrell »

Hi Mark,

Nice recovery with the body colour, it looks very good. Did you re-engrave the panel lines?

Nice looking BAR006 too. Is that the Studio27 kit?

Cheers, Paul
Sydney, Oz.