Lotus 102B & 102D 1/20 Tamiya Double Build

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
SebLeung
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Lotus 102B & 102D 1/20 Tamiya Double Build

Post by SebLeung »

kimi_8 wrote:beautiful!

although i must say the upside down Judd on the cylinder head cover is really irritating me. Not sure why, and i know its the right way up above it, just stop it Judd! :D
Haha yeah, off the top of my head the TAG turbos also had that feature where the TAG logo was written upside down on the lower part of the head covers as well. I wonder what the logic behind this was?
whatisdeletrazdoing wrote:That carbon decal and clear under the electrical components on the back of the monocoque is like glass. This build has been an absolute treat to watch. Thank you for sharing.
It's funny you mention that because I guess technically that CF should have been covered in semi-gloss, but I was too lazy :lol:

Thanks for the kind words everyone
http://www.f1modelling.com

Steffen_T
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by Steffen_T »

It's a real honor to see my name connected to such a first class build. You can not imagine how much pleasure I have to watch your pictures, and I am looking forward to see it finished.

About the cylinder head covers:
You can also find this feature on the old Cosworth DFV engines.
I think they simply used the same part for each side of the engine making the upside-down Judd on the left side the correct Judd on the right side. All the other stuff that makes the left and the right side look different are added later durring assembly.

kimi_8
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Paul
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Leclerc
Great Britain

Post by kimi_8 »

and Steffen provides knowledge which proves why F1M is the best forum around

bravo sir!

Topic author
SebLeung
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by SebLeung »

Steffen_T wrote:It's a real honor to see my name connected to such a first class build. You can not imagine how much pleasure I have to watch your pictures, and I am looking forward to see it finished.

About the cylinder head covers:
You can also find this feature on the old Cosworth DFV engines.
I think they simply used the same part for each side of the engine making the upside-down Judd on the left side the correct Judd on the right side. All the other stuff that makes the left and the right side look different are added later durring assembly.
You deserve a big part of the credit, as I said in the very first update I literally would've simply built these curbside if I didn't have your references. I have no idea where you got the 102D engine photos from because I could not find a single one on Google!

Both cars are completed and a thread with photos is in the works!
http://www.f1modelling.com