Tamiya FW13B

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Tamiya FW13B

Post by bossy122 »

daveyman wrote:If you hold the piece that you are warming in your hand your hand will be too hot before the plastic will be damaged.

Nice result in the end. Looks good.

Ah, unless you're wearing a glove :D

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

Did you have any issue with front right height? I remember when I built mine, the front wing endplates were touching the floor, for some reason the front was sitting a little too low. I think someone else here wrote about it before.
As for your build, very nice indeed, the extra decals did the trick, I love the yellow kevlar ones, stunning detail.
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

Corpsegrinder wrote:Did you have any issue with front right height? I remember when I built mine, the front wing endplates were touching the floor, for some reason the front was sitting a little too low. I think someone else here wrote about it before.
As for your build, very nice indeed, the extra decals did the trick, I love the yellow kevlar ones, stunning detail.

When I put the wheels on the left front and right rear weren't touching the ground. I rested a 5lb. weight on them for maybe an hour and it seems to have corrected that problem. I barely had a chance to take, shrink and post that one pic before going to work, so i'm not sure about the height. And at this moment i'm at work......But now i'm home. Taken a look and it looks pretty spot on to me.
Attachments
FW13B 10.JPG

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

I had the same Issue with the front Tyres in my Build. Actually It still has :mrgreen: . Your's welldone anyway :) .