Ebbro Lotus 91

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Re: Ebbro Lotus 91

Post by bossy122 »

So here's the finished Mansell car done up with the kit decals for Britian of 1982. The centimeter short that the gearbox is wound up causing the rear wing support to not have full support on the gearbox so the wings angle is a TAD off.
Attachments
l91 small 06.JPG
l91 small 05.JPG
l91 small 03.JPG
l91 small 02.JPG

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Looking good, I really like those front Wheels 8) .

craig
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by craig »

bossy122 wrote:With this 2nd try at the Ebbro, I thought maybe I could get a better result with getting rid of the seam on the top where the 2 pieces come together but sadly, I got almost an identical result! My putty/sanding skills could use some help. The seam itself is gone, but there's a nice lump across the top like a scar. Anyway.....
What are your sanding tools? Do you use a sanding block with sandpaper?

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

craig wrote:
bossy122 wrote:With this 2nd try at the Ebbro, I thought maybe I could get a better result with getting rid of the seam on the top where the 2 pieces come together but sadly, I got almost an identical result! My putty/sanding skills could use some help. The seam itself is gone, but there's a nice lump across the top like a scar. Anyway.....

I actually got the seams out when I went back and tried again. I use the good ol fingers and little squares of Tamiya sand paper 180 through 2000.

craig
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by craig »

bossy122 wrote:
craig wrote:

I actually got the seams out when I went back and tried again. I use the good ol fingers and little squares of Tamiya sand paper 180 through 2000.
I have found sometimes my fingers will follow the contour of the material and depending what I am sanding/finishing, I use and small block of wood or very firm foam to back up the sanding paper. But whatever works.

Again, excellent build, making me thinking about getting this kit.

Topic author
bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

I will say, for anyone who doesn't have this kit, the kit decals aren't yellow as they appear in these pics.