Parnell Racing Lotus 25

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
Daryl_Huhtala
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Daryl Huhtala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gurney Stewart Andretti Clark Hill McLaren Hulme Villeneuve Fittipaldi
United States of America

Parnell Racing Lotus 25

Post by Daryl_Huhtala »

This will be Chris Amon's one-off drive at Austria in the Climax powered Parnell Lotus. From studying available pics and race results I believe that the Parnell Team ran short of BRM. engines for this race so a Climax was installed in this Parnell chassis. The kit engine cover was modified to Parnell BRM specs the rest is just paint and Indycals wheels and tires.

SUMUS QUOD SUMUS

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Re: Parnell Racing Lotus 25

Post by racingkars »

Nice, on my list too... Different version though... No.11
Attachments
84469.jpg
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

Orso
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Team Lotus
Sweden

Post by Orso »

Daryl_Huhtala wrote:From studying available pics and race results I believe that the Parnell Team ran short of BRM. engines for this race so a Climax was installed in this Parnell chassis.
I think that they ran out of cars for that race. Hailwood put the the car in a lake so Parnell borrowed the R4 for the Austrian GP but it seems like it remained with Parnell after that and got the BRM engine.
I didn't know of the Parnell use of the 25 before so I am glad to see it being built.

Topic author
Daryl_Huhtala
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Daryl Huhtala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gurney Stewart Andretti Clark Hill McLaren Hulme Villeneuve Fittipaldi
United States of America

Post by Daryl_Huhtala »

Orso wrote:
Daryl_Huhtala wrote:From studying available pics and race results I believe that the Parnell Team ran short of BRM. engines for this race so a Climax was installed in this Parnell chassis.
I think that they ran out of cars for that race. Hailwood put the the car in a lake so Parnell borrowed the R4 for the Austrian GP but it seems like it remained with Parnell after that and got the BRM engine.
I didn't know of the Parnell use of the 25 before so I am glad to see it being built.
It was your pic post that got me into this mess...THANKS!! :wink:
SUMUS QUOD SUMUS