Multiple WIP Jordan, Mclaren, Lotus, Peugeot & Mercedes

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

CK
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Your Name: C K
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Mercedes, McLaren, Williams
Canada

Re: Multiple WIP Jordan, Mclaren, Lotus, Peugeot & Mercedes

Post by CK »

Great painting work on the Jordan. Amazing how good the white line looks!
C K
Canada

Dede
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Dede
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: ....
Ireland

Post by Dede »

Nice work. Lotus looks great (as do the others)
Dede.

Shunter
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alfa Romeo, McLaren, Williams
Australia

Post by Shunter »

So many to look at. Lotus looks great and I too do enjoy the brightness of the yellow. Keep the great efforts going.

Topic author
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Resurrecting this WIP from the scrap heap. Been far too long since I updated but progress has been so slow and sporadic that it was difficult to justify any updates. Finally in the last two weeks I've managed to clear enough time to get some building done so here we go...

The Lotus is finished in terms of bodywork paint. Decals are covered with two coats of Mr Top Coat Gloss followed by a light polishing with micromesh cloths. There is still some black to add in the sidepod inlet area on the side of the chassis. Undertray needs a shot of my mix for C/F black. No C/F decals on this build. Engine is the original Judd block so it is four cylinders short but it'll be good enough. Just need detail painting and then I can start bringing every thing together.

Jordan is also under two coats of Mr Top Coat. Slightly behind the Lotus in terms of progress but still not too much to do.

Peugeot is similar, the body is gloss white and Semi Gloss black. It has finished well, the white just needs a polish with micromesh and then im good to get on with this one. Interior shouldn't take too much assembly.

So there we have it, up to date. Hopefully moving slowly towards getting some of them finished so that I can go back and pick up on the McLaren and Mercedes that are also currently part built.

Thanks to any one who is still following my building and, as ever, I love to hear your feedback and any questions.
Attachments
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

Hi Davey

what a heck of a job you are doing there, so many kits on your hands.
The Lotus 102 is stunning, I have an "extra" 102B too to turn into a 1990 racer. The modifications you have done are great, I plan to scratch build the rear diffuser though as I do not have an MP4/5B.
What do you mean with the incorrect Lamborghini spelling? I couldn't see that in your photos.. I have the Shunko decals for 102 I hope they are correct.
Do your set of S27 decals for the 102 also include Gatorade decals? I'd love to make the Spanish version raced by Donnelly, but I need to find a way to print myself few decals.

With the Jordan you have made an incredible job with masking, that white line I could never do it without decals, very impressive indeed! Can't wait to see them finished!
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

Topic author
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Thanks Mr corpsegrinder, the powered by above Lamborghini is spelt incorrectly. Only a minor problem, I'm not worried about it.
The Studio 27 decals I used do indeed have the Gatorade decals needed for the Spanish GP. I can't remember why I didn't make that version as I like it too.

Topic author
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Back again, have managed to move some of these projects over the finish line so I'll do a quick update.
Firstly the Jordan, Brake ducts and uprights are wrapped in Tamiya Carbon Fibre decal. Worked really well. I'll continue in the next post, just getting my head around getting pictures up again on this one.
Attachments
brake.jpg

Topic author
daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

The tyres are painted using a template and Tamiya fine surface primer as I find it adheres well to the tyre. The wheels were sprayed black and then I applied the yellow stripe decal using copious applications of Micro Sol and hairdryer blasts of heat.
Final Assembly was pretty straightforward as these were curbside builds so there's nothing really to add here, If you want to see them assembled check out the completed projects.
Attachments
tyres.jpg