MFH Porsche 917 Le Mans Winner 1971 in 1:12 Scale

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

jmpsebring
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman

Re: MFH Porsche 917 Le Mans Winner 1971 in 1:12 Scale

Post by jmpsebring »

It's a shame they didn't use steel P/E rotors. They look great if you can swirl a pattern with sandpaper, and then heat them with a torch until they are red hot. It leaves a finish that looks remarkably like steel that's been heated 8)

F1Noob
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by F1Noob »

VR2 wrote:Hi

... I've killed 2 drills during the process und wohne in der Nähe von Stuttgart, Daniel

F1Noob, I'm sorry, but parts are not intended for sale as don't have a CNC lathe/milling machine. However, if there is a sufficient interest/demand, I may think about to work on/publish a step-by-step e-book on building and super-detailing the MFH Porsche 917's (K, LH, /30) which includes technical drawings of my machined and other scratch build parts at a reasonable price
I would put my name down as a definite. I am waiting patiently for the MWT Detail kit as well. I only have on 1/12 kit and unless they do the F40 LM, I don't think I will be picking up a another one. I have the 917k 1970 Winner. I would rather invest in one ultra detail model than several that are lacking

waxdart
Backmarker
Backmarker
Location: Georgetown, TX. Earth. Down the road a piece from COTA

Post by waxdart »

I would be all in for the e-book. Amazing work VR2 and I thank you for showing it to us. Not silly enuff to think a book will allow me to do that beautiful work, but a boy can dream. Tim Keily

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

I can only repeat what I have said before. This is amazing - every update to this thread fills me with joy.
Oh and I would grab a copy of that ebook as well :)
Cheers,
Roman

capri-schorsch
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Christian
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Carlos Sainz
Jamaica

Post by capri-schorsch »

Count me in for your book as well.
Maybe i will continue on my MFH 917 as well.But after seeing your awesome builds i will only build it in private.
It stinks against these museum pieces.

Yours and Bodo`s are raised the bar so high.Unbelievable.
Resin Kits and Parts for Sale
Porsche 962 in 1/8 Scale IMSA & Shorttail New!

http://mezzo-mix-models.jimdo.com

yaggo
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: senna and lauda
Netherlands

Post by yaggo »

Count me in for that E-book as well.
Amazing work.

Peter

jaydar
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by jaydar »

I too will be on the list for your ebook.

Joe.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

capri-schorsch wrote:Count me in for your book as well.
Maybe i will continue on my MFH 917 as well.But after seeing your awesome builds i will only build it in private.
It stinks against these museum pieces.

Yours and Bodo`s are raised the bar so high.Unbelievable.
Please don't! I love to see each and every build. I mean, my goal is perfection and what Bodo and Uli have
shown is damn near perfection as makes no difference. So once I actually get around to building it, these
will be the yard sticks, however, I don't have the tools (lathe, drill or whatnot), but there are other ways.
For instance I saw somebody build these Porsche cylinder heads from PE he designed himself. Worth noting
that was a 1/24 build, but still. I plan on building a full aluminium frame (with the core made of brass for
rigidity) which, so far, no one has done - at least I haven't seen any build like that... so please, don't hide
yours. The guys who built the models when they were first released (Dave, Allan) didn't take down their
build reports that have now been surpassed by these - and why would they? Every build, every builder has
different goals and means to achieve them. And judging by what I have seen on this forum, it's highly un-
likely that someone will post a "wow, what a mediocre build this is" to a build thread. If anything they will
give pointers on where and how to improve - if necessary.

Sorry for that little rant, normal service will be resumed shortly :)
Cheers,
Roman

Topic author
VR2
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: VR2
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, Gilles Villeneuve
Germany

Post by VR2 »

thanks a lot Roman for your very true and clear statement. I can underline any single word. This forum is (at least speaking for myself) first and foremost a source of great inspirations and getting people together around the globe who share the same passion and sometimes even "addiction" on building models of cars and bikes they like.

Every model built is unique and carries a very personal fingerprint of its proud builder and that's how it should be. Learning by doing and continuously improving my skills is a nice side effect but having fun and relaxation comes first to me (it is and remains a beloved hobby for me). I would be very sorry (and may think about to put this WIP on hold), if this WIP would trigger discouragement on fellow modelers to share their WIPs and finished models !

My first build of a MFH Kit was the Ferrari 126C2 in 1:12 scale as shown below. I've built this model basically OOB (no lathe, no milling machine, no tumbler, only a dremel) and I look at it every day with a smile in my face :D
Ferrari 126C2_5.jpg
BR,
Uli

russell
Formula e
Formula e

Post by russell »

VR2 wrote:thanks a lot Roman for your very true and clear statement. I can underline any single word. This forum is (at least speaking for myself) first and foremost a source of great inspirations and getting people together around the globe who share the same passion and sometimes even "addiction" on building models of cars and bikes they like.

Every model built is unique and carries a very personal fingerprint of its proud builder and that's how it should be. Learning by doing and continuously improving my skills is a nice side effect but having fun and relaxation comes first to me (it is and remains a beloved hobby for me). I would be very sorry (and may think about to put this WIP on hold), if this WIP would trigger discouragement on fellow modelers to share their WIPs and finished models !

My first build of a MFH Kit was the Ferrari 126C2 in 1:12 scale as shown below. I've built this model basically OOB (no lathe, no milling machine, no tumbler, only a dremel) and I look at it every day with a smile in my face :D
Ferrari 126C2_5.jpg
BR,
Uli
Uni,
Your build is a inspiration to all of us. It’s fascinating to read in its own right but it enables us to cherry pick little details to incorporate into our own builds even if we can’t emulate the entire thing.

I look forward to more & also any E-book :)

Regards
Russell