Hell Of A Ligier JS11

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Olivier
Formula e
Formula e

Re: Hell Of A Ligier JS11

Post by Olivier »

Never mind but I think Ligier had "Personal" sw in '79.
A photo @ the British GP :

Topic author
mazyen
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Lee Hoe Yen
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
Singapore

Post by mazyen »

Here's a bit of update.

With reference to a photo found in the FB page of "Era Of Ground Effect" I've got the underside of the side pods extended.
Next is to detail up the top side where it is visible. I'll replace the "Momo" if I can find a Personal decals.

This actually started off as a quick build of a closed up car until detailing bug set in & it became a tedious reverse engineering project as most of the parts are already glued in & the body fully painted.

I am now pondering whether I should get another one of this Heller kit & get it right from the start. What do you guys think?

Cheers
Lee
Attachments
Thanks to this ref photo of SA GP
Thanks to this ref photo of SA GP
Aerofoil extended
Aerofoil extended

acer709
World Champion
World Champion
Your Name: David Atkin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Williams/Senna
Great Britain

Post by acer709 »

Mayzen,
Your build looks good!
I built mine and spent quite a bit of time changing parts utilising a Wolf Tamiya kit!
The Heller kit does need quite a bit of time to get the chassis mould lines smooth but it how far you wish to go!
atb :)

Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

mazyen wrote:Here's a bit of update.

With reference to a photo found in the FB page of "Era Of Ground Effect" I've got the underside of the side pods extended.
Next is to detail up the top side where it is visible. I'll replace the "Momo" if I can find a Personal decals.

This actually started off as a quick build of a closed up car until detailing bug set in & it became a tedious reverse engineering project as most of the parts are already glued in & the body fully painted.

I am now pondering whether I should get another one of this Heller kit & get it right from the start. What do you guys think?

Cheers
Lee
The Target is always to be happy while modelling. If I were in this situation, probably I would start a new kit. In this hobby nothing can be compared with the satisfaction when you are looking at a model finished the way you really want.

Topic author
mazyen
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Singapore

Post by mazyen »

This SHALL be the last post in the WIP section.

Since there's a big hole on top of the pedals, I've no choice but to add some details to them :D .
Also the more I look at them I can't stand the small Tamiya rear tires & decided to sacrifice the Protar MP4-2C rear tires for the Heller cause. Some modification to the center holes were done to accept the Heller lock nut & retaining bolts & air valves added from my Armour kits bolts & nuts set. Some more minor details were also added along the way.
Once the wheels are painted & mounted, this will finally be 100% completed. Or else more harm will comes to the completed paint job from handling.
Cheers.
Attachments
pedals
pedals
Protar MP4-2 tires
Protar MP4-2 tires
Protar & Tamiya rear tires
Protar & Tamiya rear tires

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

Astounding work, mate. I'm very impressed with what you've done!

Cheers, Chris

Topic author
mazyen
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Singapore

Post by mazyen »

Hi,
This post is not about the car but about preparing Lafitte for for the JS11.

Have shortened the Tamiya figure to scale height of Mr.Lafitte who is supposedly 1.71m tall. The helmet is from the bike rider's figure with a little modification (not exactly GPA). Painted with a mix of dark green & cleared with some metallic flakes.
All the decals are from my spares, which are therefore a little yellowed. I am waiting for the plain decals sheet to be delivered to try my luck at printing the ciggie ovals for Lafitte's helmet & the ciggie patch on the left chest of the figure unless any of you got these ciggies decals to donate. :D

Cheers
Lee
Attachments
IMG_5335.jpg
IMG_5440A.jpg

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

If you needed an accurate gpa helmet you only had to ask :D
I see you're also short of decals... have them too! 8)

On the other hand, great, better with bigger tyres :D

Olivier
Formula e
Formula e

Post by Olivier »

Good work on the driver but some patches on the race suit are not accurate.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

mazyen wrote: All the decals are from my spares, which are therefore a little yellowed. I am waiting for the plain decals sheet to be delivered to try my luck at printing the ciggie ovals for Lafitte's helmet & the ciggie patch on the left chest of the figure unless any of you got these ciggies decals to donate. :D

Cheers
Lee
Hadn't read this :lol:
Yes, I have the full overall decals (even the black patches) as I developed them for a friend at 1/43.
The small ovalls that Jacques sported n his helmets (A red "W" and "winfield") were not fr ciggies, but for the Winfield driving schol, if I remember right. I have this too 8)
Jacques had a metallic green for the helmet sometimes, a darker non metallic too and an almost black that he used in 1980. Shade was lighter in 1979 and 1981...