JV Ferrari 126C2 - San Marino MFH 1:12

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

Topic author
Jerryv
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

JV Ferrari 126C2 - San Marino MFH 1:12

Post by Jerryv »

Sharing the progress on my 126C2.

I don't have any fancy tools so basically cleaning will be done manually and progress will be very slow.

Monocoque is just filed and still needs fine sanding, it will be detailed until more parts are ready, just to avoid damage during fitting and finishing.
z1.jpg
z2.JPG
z4b.jpg
z4c.jpg
z7.jpg
z8.jpg
z10.jpg

Topic author
Jerryv
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: JV Ferrari 126C2 - San Marino MFH 1:12

Post by Jerryv »

z12.jpg
z11.jpg

pgarat
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Your Name: PGarat
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari, McLaren, Lotus…
Chris Amon, P.Depailler, James Hunt, Jim Clark, Tazio Nuvolari, Ascari…
France

Post by pgarat »

Hi,

Welcome on F1M :wink:
Great job for your first WIP.

Pascal 8)
I'd rather be flying!

If only Closed Minds came with Closed Mouth

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

Hi Jerryv...

Welcome to f1m.com
As said, " great start " ...
Jerryv wrote:I don't have any fancy tools so basically cleaning will be done manually and progress will be very slow.
I've only fairly recently (about 3-4yrs ago) purchased a Magnetic Cleaner, it was CBartholomew that swayed me to get one :wink:
Before then, there was only manual cleaning and boy are my fingers relieved I got the MC. You're not racing anyone Jerry so take your time :D
Last edited by Tiffoc on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

alexpayne
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by alexpayne »

Hi Jerry,
Welcome to F1M, and what a great build to start with. As "Tiffoc" says it's not a race, so sit back and enjoy.
I know I will :)
Atb,AlexP.

turboF1
FOTA Vice Chairman
FOTA Vice Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Renault Sport
United States of America

Post by turboF1 »

Hi Jerry,

Nice to see you started a wip. You have made great progress already and your parts look fantastic. I didn't bother painting the brake and clutch reservoirs since they looked great out of the box. However what you have done is great and added another level of detail. What color did you use to simulate the brake fluid? Also do you plan to add the vent tubes to the reservoir caps? If so what elbow and T-connections are you going to use since the kit doesn't include any.

Mark

Schumi
Top Designer
Top Designer
Your Name: Martijn
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: -Ferrari
-Benetton
-Michael Schumacher
-Ayrton Senna
Netherlands

Post by Schumi »

Very nice to see another of these beauties, no worries about cleaning, i do it manually though, takes some more time, but thats all :wink:

Cheers, Martijn
🇬🇧

Topic author
Jerryv
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by Jerryv »

Thanks All for the warm welcoming and nice words.
Tiffoc wrote: Hi Jerryv...

I've only fairly recently (about 3-4yrs ago) purchased a Magnetic Cleaner, it was CBartholomew that swayed me to get one :wink:
Before then, there was only manual cleaning and boy are my fingers relieved I got the MC. You're not racing anyone Jerry so take your time :D
Thanks for the recommendation on the cleaner Tiffoc. I will definitely consider one if I build another of these kits. I am still enjoying the build but now I know these are quite challenging kits as many parts are rough and crude. My fingers and tendons have been screaming a few times already but I'm finally finding my way to make the work easier.
turboF1 wrote:Hi Jerry,
Nice to see you started a wip. You have made great progress already and your parts look fantastic. I didn't bother painting the brake and clutch reservoirs since they looked great out of the box. However what you have done is great and added another level of detail. What color did you use to simulate the brake fluid? Also do you plan to add the vent tubes to the reservoir caps? If so what elbow and T-connections are you going to use since the kit doesn't include any.

Mark

Hi Turbo,

Yes, I finally started a WIP. I got motivated by your great building on this kit so here I am...

The reservoirs look great out of the box so no need to paint them but I gave it a try and liked the results. I used yellow clear, then 3 coats of very thin flat white. The cap is plain flat white to contrast.

As for the vents, I do plan to add them using some metal rings and chrome plastic spokes from a bike wheel. This is very simple to make but took me lots of time to figure out what to do. As you said, these are not included neither considered in the manual. I will post a pic once they are finished. I still don't know where to route the end of the vents hose, do they go to a vent tank or routed somewhere inside the cockpit?

For metal finishes, I plan to use a combination of grades of sanding and clears to get different metal looks. I am afraid unprotected metal will eventually oxidize so no plan for bare metal. On the other side, I don't want to paint metal to look like metal, so my approach will be sanding and clears for look and protection. I am not an expert at all but did some tests and liked the results.

vekkuli
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stake Sauber
Finland

Post by vekkuli »

Good Start on such a classy Model Kit :) . Oh, wellcome to this great Site, We have such Things to show You :lol: .

jordan
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jordan »

JV,

Looks great..I love this very much.I do all my metal cleaning by hand.I think that is a big part of the fun..what's next ? Spraying your models by a spray robot ? :? Well,I am just an old school boy I guess..Take your time,having fun is the most important :wink:

Alex.