Jordan 191

Models in progress... including non-F1 models.

F1RacerFan
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Re: Jordan 191

Post by F1RacerFan »

Jaykay: I'm an occasional builder- but I have been building since I was a kid- now I'm 56. I'm a huge F1 fan and that Jordan 191 was one of my first completed Tamiya kits. I think I was able to finish it because it is such a gorgeous design. I still think that it is one of the best looking F1 cars ever. Anyway I just wanted to say that this WIP thread has been a joy to read- and re-read. Your explanations and commentary have been great- and- possibly the best part is reading the commentaries and accolades of the guys (and gals) on this Forum. People with superior model building skills raving about your progress and success. With all of the crap and unrest going on in the world, it's just great to read comments from all over the world, giving credit where its due- and coming together over this project. It truly warms my heart. Kudos to all, from all over the globe,who have taken the time and written to congratulate Jaykay- and let me add my sincere Congratulations!- on a beautiful job... on a beautiful racer. And thanks for sharing it all with us.
Michael

ciccio
Formula e
Formula e

Post by ciccio »

beautuful
Il mio modello piu bello sicuramente il prossimo

Enzo Ferrari

pzspeed
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by pzspeed »

Just freaking wow.....I still wish F1 cars looked this good. Just got this kit again.....sold the first one. I'm pretty accomplished at modeling,but this is inspiring and depressing at the same time.
Amazing...

Eagle50
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by Eagle50 »

How did I miss this marathon build post? (Maybe it ended before my time here?) Fantastic work, Jaykay. I've just clicked through most of the past pages, and my head's about to explode. The best 191 I've ever seen. I knew it would be good when I saw the first scratch-built inner radiator ducts (beautifully hand-crafted in 2009). The end result has me at a loss for words..!

Cheers, Chris

generationx
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by generationx »

Holy thread resurrection Batman

pzspeed
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by pzspeed »

Some things are just worth bringing back...

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

This thread was one of my personal inspirations to get in touch with this forum, seen your build on other forums too years ago, and it was a totaly other view on modeling to me, inspirational stuff in every way!
You set a bench mark with it, and your result is absolutly amazing! Got no words to descripe the level of modeling, maybe somewhere outer space!?! :D
Good to see you modeling again and nice to follow your work on the LM AUDI ;)
Take a stand!

Topic author
jaykay
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by jaykay »

Thanks for these new replies guys :-)
I'm especially happy to hear, that this was an inspiration to your own model building. Makes the time spent taking the pictures and writing the report on this and other builds worthwhile!
Cheers!

theseeker
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by theseeker »

A fabulous build all around and I envy you guys that can build 1/20th scale. I'm 55 and the smaller scales frustrate me!
Once again, outstanding work.

Rocky

Super_Sych
Formula e
Formula e
Your Name: Sergey
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Russia

Post by Super_Sych »

Astonishing build! But I can't see photos on Photobucket now. Is it possible to re-upload all images or maybe send the link to cloud storage so I could download them? I plan to build this car soon. Thanks in advance, Jaykay!