Huge thank you to MFH

Post away...

Topic author
badun
Team Owner
Team Owner
Your Name: Bryan Duncan
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: All-time favorite is Senna but I don't cheer for a particular driver or team any longer. I just want to see good races with multiple teams capable of winning!
United States of America

Huge thank you to MFH

Post by badun »

I purchased MFH's 1/20 Toleman TG184 several years ago from a F1M member and a few weeks ago I decided to build it. To my chagrin, it contained two left halves of the engine block but not the right one. Knowing that the kit is old, I contacted MFH and asked if they could provide me with a CAD file of the part so that I could create my own with my 3D resin printer (I am a newbie at creating 3D models and it would have taken me forever to create what would be a crappy replacement part). To my great and happy surprise, they sent me a replacement part! My skills are completely inadequate for MFH's 1/12th full detail kits but their dedication to customers is so great that I'll do whatever I can to support them with whatever kits I can build. Just wanted to publicly say thanks to them for their great service. :D

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Re: Huge thank you to MFH

Post by SanMarino »

A company that knows the value of customer service and support.

marlborored
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren, Senna; Lotus, Clark
United States of America

Post by marlborored »

Great customer service!

woodgp
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: j.wood
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: williams
Canada

Post by woodgp »

well guys I just had a same thing with studio 27 , they sent me a photo etch from years ago , and I had it in 10 days from Japan.
again great service from both makers ... so were in good hands buying from ether.

cheers Joe

fastbackfreddie
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Alain Prost, Mark Webber, Daniel Ricciardo.
Australia

Post by fastbackfreddie »

woodgp wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:41 am well guys I just had a same thing with studio 27 , they sent me a photo etch from years ago , and I had it in 10 days from Japan.
again great service from both makers ... so were in good hands buying from ether.

cheers Joe
Damn...Really :? You have all the luck Joe. :lol: I have tried many times to contact them with zero response. Guess its me :cry: :lol:
What was the contact you used?

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Great to hear this level of customer support and also good that you took the time to post about it. Too often people only post when they have a negative view of a company so it's good to take the time to compliment someone for a job well done.

Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

Well, my opinion is slightly different. As MFH don't check their kits properly and frequently there are missing or wrong parts, customers must waste time doing their own checking and finally claiming.
If we are happy with this procedure of MFH, for sure they will continue this way. It's cheaper for them to print or cast missing parts than be sure that the box includes every parts.

In my case, statistics are clear. One kit checked, one kit with missing parts (more than one) and several hours wasted. Don't think this is acceptable

danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

I kind of disagree. The way they manually make parts, then manually pack, they manually check. Statistically, they can’t achieve 0 parts error.

Search that YouTube video while back Mr. Hiro was interviewed by boss of HLJ. You can see how a small work shop make, check and pack the parts. That was even before MFH finally made parts list with diagrams for us to check much much easily.

Just can’t judge / require the same way as Tamiya using all computers and automation process.

For me, I had experienced over 100 MFH kits, only about 2-4 kits have missing or wrong parts. Which is very nice, at least to me.