SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Re: 1/12 Lotus 99t NUNU

Post by SBEST »

plastiksurgeon wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:00 am
I'm a happy man ! And, I'm going to enjoy building this model.
Ditto, for me as well.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: LH44
Germany

Post by scaleautofactory »

gp-models wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 am Maybe i don`t got it, but what should the might be price tell me about the quality of that kit which exists??

By the way, i would like to get more informations about the problems of this kit Torsten, please don`t be afraid to take a stand as it will help others to judge on their own if they might face trouble when building it, or even the descision to buy it! ;)
Do you really expect that i will write here anything about this kit after such a comment?
IMG_6467.jpeg

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

gp-models wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 am Maybe i don`t got it, but what should the might be price tell me about the quality of that kit which exists??

By the way, i would like to get more informations about the problems of this kit Torsten, please don`t be afraid to take a stand as it will help others to judge on their own if they might face trouble when building it, or even the descision to buy it! ;)
I think we're just talking in circles here, as I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Nunu and BeeMax kits aren't the same quality as Tamiya, they're also cheaper. Older moulds such as the recent re-releases we've seen from Tamiya rea cheaper, but they're not going to be the same quality as what we would expect from Tamiya in 2024 either.

If you go back a few pages you'll see the comments about the kit. I don't think JamesB meant anything by his comments that has scared off scaleautofactory/

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Still waiting for mine to hit the UK from Hiroboy. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like. Even if it takes a bit of work I'm sure it'll be a great build. I think the price is reasonable for a 1/12 in plastic even if kit isn't perfect.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

stubeck wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:25 pm

I think we're just talking in circles here, as I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Nunu and BeeMax kits aren't the same quality as Tamiya, they're also cheaper. Older moulds such as the recent re-releases we've seen from Tamiya rea cheaper, but they're not going to be the same quality as what we would expect from Tamiya in 2024 either.

If you go back a few pages you'll see the comments about the kit. I don't think JamesB meant anything by his comments that has scared off scaleautofactory/
Point 1: price should be more or less like the Italeri rerelases of Protar - around 140€-170€ - more is overpriced because of the poor quality of beemax molds.
Point 2: indeed "JamesB" was pointing in my direction after my comments about the big issue of the cowl on a 2022 released kit.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

No. I was pointing to you calling a member’s question “stupid”. If you had not deleted those comments we could still enjoy them.
In my case I still stand to what I said. Thanks for bringing it back. It’s still valid.
You simply answered harshly to a member’s comments that after all was showing interest on your opinion and work. And now still seem unable to understand it. I trust anyway, never too late.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

JamesB wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:08 pm
You simply answered harshly to a member’s comments that after all was showing interest on your opinion and work. And now still seem unable to understand it. I trust anyway, never too late.
Where?

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

My current progress:
IMG_4033.jpeg
IMG_4032.jpeg
IMG_4031.jpeg
Cowl holds without screws - so i will remove the holes for the screws in the cowl.

Lots of issues:
Cowl shape is wrong - compared to reference pics from monaco gp
Screws to long for the spacer underneath the floor
Screws to long for the wheels
Cowl with mold displacement and bad fit of the additional cowl parts - requires filler and sanding
Floor with large crack and hole on one side
All parts have flash and needs lots of sandings
Mount points on Parts connections more a recommendation instead real placeholder
Suspension arms to weak - my progress photos show the car without the spacer and the car goes down to the ground after a while...
A oil tank part is deformed
Wheels do not turn after mounting
Caliper do not fit on the uprights
Turbo snorkel to long and sit to high over the cooler - could be noted on the preview photos from beemax
Cooler and engine needs a lot of attention during the build - due the poor placeholder on the parts and the floor

Good points: real soft tyres and scale 1:12
Just my (harsh) 2 euro cents.

scaleautofactory
Midfield
Midfield
Germany

Problem #1 cowl - the turbo snorkel cutout to wide on the outside
cowl_Original.png
Problem #2 the snorkel position is to high over the cooler
snorkel_Original.png
Top row from left: snorkel on B-Version, snorkel on "early" version
Bottom row: my adjusted snorkel - still to high, snorkel on beemax build
IMG_3888.jpeg
Snorkel out of box.

To be continued.

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

Lotus seemed to revise the position of the snorkels at every race in the early part of the season. I've seen what looks like potentially three different specs at Monaco. Nakajima ran the original, same as in the Tamiya 1/20 but Senna ran these with a more contoured shape and I've seen some that look very close to the edge of the sidepod. I've been doing a lot of research on this car for the Tamiya kit I'm building. I just wonder if nu nu tripped themselves up with their research.