Belgium

Ebay idiots strike again

Post by Jordan2.0 »

SteveNoble
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Re: Ebay idiots strike again

Post by SteveNoble »

It's Radio Control though and 1/10th scale, maybe they fetch high money?
Steve Noble

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Not that terrible... I am seeing proportionally higher prices on other stuff. You should take a look at Wallapop in Spain, Alex!! :wink:

Sennafan
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari

Mansell
United States of America

Post by Sennafan »

I thought it pretty funny when I did a search the other day and there were places charging $10000 shipping on a kit

What just to get their listing on top ?? eBay never dies anything to fix that garbage

This one at least is in the realm of possibility

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Nobody's forcing you to buy those items and 'if' people are willing to pay it, then more power to the seller. Frankly as an eBay store owner I have to say selling on eBay is a horrible experience. I pretty much shut down my eBay operation in April - I still have the store and when people question me I direct them to my website (or hope they are smart enough to figure it out themselves). I could drive a new Audi R8 for what I was spending on eBay fees each month. (Ok, not quite, but I was paying far more than what I'm paying on my 2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid + insurance & gas). Some of the outrageous prices you see are because they 'can't' sell you the goods either due to availability or shipping restrictions - but they need to keep their products out there. And if someone is willing to pay $10,000 shipping the seller WILL find a way to deliver, LOL.

Topic author
Jordan2.0
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Belgium

Post by Jordan2.0 »

Oeps..My excuses ! I was thinking it was for the 1/20 kit...My mistake :oops:

Alex.

danibear
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver

Post by danibear »

I am paying $2300-2400 for 2 cars (2016 JEEP GC and 2019 Lexus LC500, V8 not hybrid....) monthly payment, insurance and gas.

I still hate to give any penny to eBay. :twisted: Too greedy. I have a nice Tamiya 1/12 NSR 99 kit w/ shunko decal and several top studio sets forks and clutches (I think...). I don’t have time for it, but I don’t have time to post on “evil bay” either.

If I remember, maybe I can try here. Not sale for money of course......compared to what I paid on cars, it is such a small portion...

BTW, doing car modeling is once hard for me as a student (no money to buy MFH kits), now money seems not an issue now, but no time now......

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Post by Tiffoc »

indycals wrote:Nobody's forcing you to buy those items and 'if' people are willing to pay it, then more power to the seller. Frankly as an eBay store owner I have to say selling on eBay is a horrible experience. I pretty much shut down my eBay operation in April - I still have the store and when people question me I direct them to my website (or hope they are smart enough to figure it out themselves). I could drive a new Audi R8 for what I was spending on eBay fees each month. (Ok, not quite, but I was paying far more than what I'm paying on my 2018 Ford Fusion Hybrid + insurance & gas). Some of the outrageous prices you see are because they 'can't' sell you the goods either due to availability or shipping restrictions - but they need to keep their products out there. And if someone is willing to pay $10,000 shipping the seller WILL find a way to deliver, LOL.
I totally agree with Indycals... eBay has become unreasonably greedy with their sellers charges and offer NO seller protection against iffy dodgy buyers, some downright con-artists. But they refund buyers instantly, for any "alleged" or unreasonable and unproven reason... meaning you lose the money AND the item you sold. I refuse to sell on eBay anymore, but I've kept my sellers account... hoping things might get better in the future!!! eBay is a money grabbing, totalitarian medium for SELLERS... :evil:
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

racingkars
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Netherlands

Post by racingkars »

Tiffoc wrote:I totally agree with Indycals... eBay has become unreasonably greedy with their sellers charges and offer NO seller protection against iffy dodgy buyers, some downright con-artists. But they refund buyers instantly, for any "alleged" or unreasonable and unproven reason... meaning you lose the money AND the item you sold. I refuse to sell on eBay anymore, but I've kept my sellers account... hoping things might get better in the future!!! eBay is a money grabbing, totalitarian medium for SELLERS... :evil:
Agree.
But it's still useful to do some advertising this way for my webshop.
That's why i use an Ebay name that looks like my webshop wwwracingkarscom (http://www.racingkars.com).
I always hope everyone gets the drift and buys outside Ebay. Much cheaper too, as i don't have to pay Ebay costs.
I don't sell much, hardly any profit, so i am glad with every customer that pops in this way.
Some claim "i would never have found you without Ebay".
Kars

http://www.racingkars.nl (WIPs)
http://www.racingkars.com (sales)
Websites in Nederlands/English
English is not my native language, so sorry for any incorrect words or style... I have no intention to offend you.

SBEST
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Nelson Piquet
United States of America

Post by SBEST »

Yes, no one is forcing you to sell/buy on Ebay. If I can I stay away from it. Unfortunately, some items only sell on Ebay.
Or, some obscure item is available.

All the best....