Post away...

Tiffoc
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: FERRARI...
Great Britain

Re: Ebay idiots strike again

Post by Tiffoc »

SBEST wrote:Yes, no one is forcing you to sell/buy on Ebay. If I can I stay away from it. Unfortunately, some items only sell on Ebay.
Or, some obscure item is available.
I buy on eBay all the time, as I said protection for buyers is good... It's my choice not to sell, and for the reasons you give, especially it's a good place for obscure kits...

racingkars wrote:Agree.
But it's still useful to do some advertising this way for my webshop.
That's why i use an Ebay name that looks like my webshop wwwracingkarscom (http://www.racingkars.com).
I always hope everyone gets the drift and buys outside Ebay. Much cheaper too, as i don't have to pay Ebay costs.
I don't sell much, hardly any profit, so i am glad with every customer that pops in this way.
Some claim "i would never have found you without Ebay".
Good luck Bro'... I got the drift a long time a go!!! :wink: :D racingkars I recommend.
I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting, even when there's only a slightest chance.
Michael Schumacher

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

I agree about eBay as a buyer. Its the only place I've been reliably able to order a product and receive it the last few years. Unfortunately model shops I've used have all had issues with delivering a complete order without my intervention.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

SBEST wrote:Yes, no one is forcing you to sell/buy on Ebay. If I can I stay away from it. Unfortunately, some items only sell on Ebay.
Or, some obscure item is available.

All the best....
I admit, I do buy a lot of kits on eBay - but only ones I can't easily find elsewhere. I actually found one on eBay and was able to locate the sellers website (a brick and mortar store here in the US). The kit wasn't listed so I emailed them asking them to buy it from them. Never got a reply so I bought it from them through eBay.

indycals
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Your Name: Indycals
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus
United States of America

Post by indycals »

Tiffoc wrote:I totally agree with Indycals... eBay has become unreasonably greedy with their sellers charges and offer NO seller protection against iffy dodgy buyers, some downright con-artists. But they refund buyers instantly, for any "alleged" or unreasonable and unproven reason... meaning you lose the money AND the item you sold. I refuse to sell on eBay anymore, but I've kept my sellers account... hoping things might get better in the future!!! eBay is a money grabbing, totalitarian medium for SELLERS... :evil:
My favorite buyer excuse: I thought I was getting the model car (my listings clearly state the model car is not included). I bought it for my grandson. Yeah. Right. Your 'grandson' wanted a model of a 1930 Bugatti. I'm betting that you've been married to your 'grandson' for about 40 years and he's the one who said "please order this for me" without reading the listing.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

I seriously suspect I was conned by a german ebayer with a certain item. He first asked (in a quite selfish way) for a huge discount. Finally made a Buy-IT-now, chose regular mail, claimed it did not arrive (he started complaining FOUR days after the "ship by" date), initially accepted waiting, Then suddenly and with no advice, put a request.
The guy made things like ignoring my messages "hey, wait, I sent it again, this time registered", but had time to write things like "for the price it had it should have included registered mail".
Finally the thing (most probably for the second time) arrived. No message, no "thanks", no explicit aknowledge, YES a nice (yet quite cheeky) feedback as if NOTHING had happened.
So what do I do? the "cases" to report a buyer on Ebay are of the style "Has he killed someone? Did he burn your house?"
Don't know what to do... maybe writting a "positive" feedback but with negative explanation?
CAN the guy ANSWER my positive feedback? I would not like to let him have the last word...
BTW are you reading this, my dear friend ? 8)

bestbalsakits
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bestbalsakits »

re claim you don't stand a chance.
Re feedback:
go to https://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html
There you can
- Reply to Feedback received https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/BayISAPI.d ... dbackLogin
- Follow up to Feedback left https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/BayISAPI.d ... edbackLeft
Works 1 time, no 2nd.

pretty sure customer has same possibilities though...

wim
Visit www.bestbalsakits.com for more hours of enjoyment.
Now also on Facebook ...

daniel
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Schumacher
Germany

Post by daniel »

Yes, it's really unfair that you can't give a neutral/negative feedback to sellers. If you sell regularly on ebay like I do put him on the "block-list" so you don't have to deal with him again.
My list is very long now !
The whole hobby is fun and there is no time to deal with idiots. So I block people that start arguing once they received the item to get some money back, the ones that threat you with a claim that they don't received the item....one day after payment ;) and so on...aaahhh !! and of course that one "resin-part-seller" in austria that bought all my scale-detail parts and immeditaly sold poor resin copies. But he pretty much stole everything that is out there

https://www.facebook.com/scale.details

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

JamesB wrote:I seriously suspect I was conned by a german ebayer with a certain item. He first asked (in a quite selfish way) for a huge discount. Finally made a Buy-IT-now, chose regular mail, claimed it did not arrive (he started complaining FOUR days after the "ship by" date), initially accepted waiting, Then suddenly and with no advice, put a request.
The guy made things like ignoring my messages "hey, wait, I sent it again, this time registered", but had time to write things like "for the price it had it should have included registered mail".
Finally the thing (most probably for the second time) arrived. No message, no "thanks", no explicit aknowledge, YES a nice (yet quite cheeky) feedback as if NOTHING had happened.
So what do I do? the "cases" to report a buyer on Ebay are of the style "Has he killed someone? Did he burn your house?"
Don't know what to do... maybe writting a "positive" feedback but with negative explanation?
CAN the guy ANSWER my positive feedback? I would not like to let him have the last word...
BTW are you reading this, my dear friend ? 8)
People are very entitled. I ask of sellers the same things I would do as a seller. I'll ship the item within a few days, I'll add tracking, I expect it to be shipped well, and if there is a delay I expect to be told why. If someone asks a question of me I respond quickly. Its pretty straight forward, but people fail a lot at the basics. There is someone with an F1 car part I want on eBay but has ridiculous shipping fees, I've asked a few times if they'd reconsider the fee but they just never respond. Its been online for over a year, so they clearly don't have a market for it, which just makes it confusing. If they think the price is reasonable for shipping, just tell me!

For this, just give positive feedback and say "Demanding buyer, fulfilled all requests and no acknowledgement", then ban them.

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

stubeck wrote: For this, just give positive feedback and say "Demanding buyer, fulfilled all requests and no acknowledgement", then ban them.
Good idea. I'd thought of "Beware sellers, be sure to send ONLY registered, mail at his area seems to be uncertain" BTW I'd like to be able to use Emperor Palpatine's vocie to say "un...cer...tain..." after a pause!! :lol: :lol:
Stu, what's that friggin part? Most probably I have it, and shipping is reasonable cheap from Spain!! :wink: