jorgeralvear
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Jorge Alvear
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Kimi/Ferrari
Chile

Re: 1/12 MFH July 2020?

Post by jorgeralvear »

Such a beautiful, beautiful car, this one will be impossible to pass up.

f40
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by f40 »

:D F1tommy nailed it. The center lock nut through me off to.

sky1911
Major Constructor
Major Constructor
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Jim Clark, Lotus
Germany

Post by sky1911 »

Did you see the preprinted rubber inlays for the seat / cockpit simulation? Not sure on the print, but the part looks very good.
Cheers,
Roman

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

I really like the tires on this kit from the photos. I have the CMA 312B kit already in 1/12th scale but if I didn't I would buy this Hiro. The wheels and tires alone would make it worth it as the aftermarket replacement wheels are hard to find. Hiro must be listening to us!!

f40
Top Designer
Top Designer

Post by f40 »

:D I am very tempted to buy one. I am building the Tamiya kit now with all the after market its and some of my own scratch built parts. I will probably have to pass on this.

petrov27
Backmarker
Backmarker

Post by petrov27 »

F1tommy wrote:I really like the tires on this kit from the photos. I have the CMA 312B kit already in 1/12th scale but if I didn't I would buy this Hiro. The wheels and tires alone would make it worth it as the aftermarket replacement wheels are hard to find. Hiro must be listening to us!!
Was there a huge demand for this car to be redone in 1/12 do you think? I have always thought the Tamiya was a pretty solid base with admittedly not great tires.

Personally I wish MFH had done a super detail set/improvement for the Tamiya - but a lot of that is that I just prefer plastic for many things vs. a kit that looks to be 75% white metal.

F1tommy
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda Brabham Alfa
United States of America

Post by F1tommy »

The main problem with the Tamiya are the wheels. They are really bad and don't look like the originals. The front of the body also has issues. Plus it's an old plastic kit wich don't have the same level of detail. That said, a wheel set and detail set would have been good enough. I bought the CMA resin 312B for next to nothing on ebay. I almost bought one from Marshal Buck when it was available new but had the Tamiya kit and new wheels already so did not. Turns out the CMA kit is really nice and corrects all the Tamiya kit issues.

In some areas the Hiro kit will be better than the CMA kit and likewise as CMA is into super detailed but hard to built models. The Hiro kit will be much better than the Tamiya kit even with all the transkits included judging by the pictures. I love the Hiro tire tread and tires and the body looks great. Even included some rivets.

Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

Post by Icon_Modeler »

F1tommy wrote:The main problem with the Tamiya are the wheels. They are really bad and don't look like the originals. The front of the body also has issues. Plus it's an old plastic kit wich don't have the same level of detail. That said, a wheel set and detail set would have been good enough. I bought the CMA resin 312B for next to nothing on ebay. I almost bought one from Marshal Buck when it was available new but had the Tamiya kit and new wheels already so did not. Turns out the CMA kit is really nice and corrects all the Tamiya kit issues.

In some areas the Hiro kit will be better than the CMA kit and likewise as CMA is into super detailed but hard to built models. The Hiro kit will be much better than the Tamiya kit even with all the transkits included judging by the pictures. I love the Hiro tire tread and tires and the body looks great. Even included some rivets.
Please check your PM's
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports