ICON AUTOMOTIVE MINIATURES Updates

Post away...

Topic author
Icon_Modeler
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Niki Lauda, Ronnie Peterson. Only the greats, non of the wankers of today!!
United States of America

ICON AUTOMOTIVE MINIATURES Updates

Post by Icon_Modeler »

Hi Gang,

It has been a long while since I have posted anything regarding ICON AUTOMOTIVE MINIATURES. This has been primarily due to the fact that I have a "real" job that must be maintained and it is this "real" job that allows me to bring you products made under the ICON brand. Well as many of you might be aware the "real" job for me has been hit and miss over the last 3-4 years and I have spent a major part of that time unemployed which makes it hard to have the working capitol to invest into ICON. Back orders have stacked up and there was little I could do about it.

I have now been employed consistently over the last year plus and I'm starting to get caught back up. I have been working hard to fill backorders and to even develop some new items. I have managed to fill all backorders for my 1/12th scale GT40 tires for the Trumpeter kit. I have also filled all backorders for the Protar Alfa 179 tires and wheels that I had. I have made all new molds for the Ferrari 312B tires and I'm starting to cast those now so that those backorders can be taken care of as well.

During this tough time I also had a computer go belly up due to a motherboard failure. Because of this I lost some of my saved emails from 312B backorders. If you believe that you are on the 312B backorder list or even if you are not but you want to order a set of 312B tires and/or wheels please send me an email to orders (at) iconautomotiveminiatures (dot) com and I will make sure you get your tires.

As always it cost nothing to order items from me. If the item is in stock I will let you know and send you a total. If the item is out of stock you will be notified that it is out of stock and asked if you would like to be placed on the backorder list. If your name goes on the list it doesn't cost you a dime. I will then let you know when your item is ready to ship and the exchange of funds will happen then. Only on just a few occasions and only under certain circumstances do I take money up front. I don't like doing business that way.

So, Items I am casting right now are the 312B treaded tires product #TT-1202. As stated above if you are interested in a set of these tires please send me an email to orders (at) iconautomotiveminiatures (dot) com. Sets are $68.00 USD plus postage.

These 312B tires will NOT fit the Tamiya wheels so if you would like to also order a set of resin cast wheels please send me an email to orders (at) iconautomotiveminiatures (dot) com. These wheels are resin cast copies of the wheels made by Mac at AZRM. Relax, Mac knows that I have copied his wheels and even gave me permission to do so. He says he will never make them again as turned metal wheels so this is your only option unless you can find a set of the originals. Sets are $48.00 USD plus postage.

Now for something New!! I have created a set of 1/12th scale rain tires for the Tamiya P34 Six Wheeler. If you are interested in pre-ordering a set of P34 rain tires please send me an email to orders (at) iconautomotiveminiatures (dot) com. These come complete with decals (Not Pictured). Sets are $68.00 USD plus postage.

Lastly I have created a set of resin cast wheels for the 1/8th scale M23. Kind of an odd choice to offer but I needed a set of wheels so I thought maybe someone else would need a set as well. If you are interested in pre-ordering a set of resin cast M23 wheels please send me an email to orders (at) iconautomotiveminiatures (dot) com. Sets are $68.00 plus postage.

To those of you who have ordered from me in the past Thank You! To those of you who have ordered in the past and had to be put on backorder Thank You for being patient and sticking with me until I was able to fill your order!

Please if you are going to order an item from me please use the email address orders (at) iconautomotiveminiatures (dot) com Please do not send me a PM here or reply to the posting with an order. Orders are first come first served so they must go to my email for me to be able to track them.

Thanks again,

Derek
Icon Modeler____________________Modeling The Icons Of Motorsports

Daryl_Huhtala
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Your Name: Daryl Huhtala
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gurney Stewart Andretti Clark Hill McLaren Hulme Villeneuve Fittipaldi
United States of America

Re: ICON AUTOMOTIVE MINIATURES Updates

Post by Daryl_Huhtala »

Excellent news on the P34 rains. Email sent. I have the Ferrari and Alfa sets and they're beautiful.
SUMUS QUOD SUMUS

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

Great, Derek! :D
Nice to check you're back on it, and surely good to see your stuff is as usual top notch.
These wheels look awesome 8)
BR
James

Jordan2.0
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Tyrrell
Belgium

Post by Jordan2.0 »

Super !

Alex.

wadny
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Larry Osolkowski
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Red Bull, Max Verstappen
United States of America

Post by wadny »

Derek, good to see you ramping up the business again. I recently purchased some 1/20 tires from Icon, and can highly recommend their products. High quality and great communication and service.

plastiksurgeon
Team Owner
Team Owner

Post by plastiksurgeon »

I've known Derek at icon for a long time and I can tell you not one product leaves ICON without being perfect !

Excited to see those 1/8 M23 wheels !

Long may you run, Derek !

Cheers,
Steve Mohlenkamp
when I was young, all the boys made model cars, ...some of us just never stopped !

f1maniac
Spectator
Spectator
Your Name: f1maniac
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Lotus, Brabham, Ferrari
Brazil

Post by f1maniac »

Derek, congratulations for the new releases and for solving delays on back orders.

Due to current unfavorable currency exchange rates, unfortunately, I must wait for a further opportunity to improve my models with your marvelous products.

Regards,

João Maino
S.Paulo, SP
Brazil