Post away...

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Re: Corona virus

Post by daveyman »

This is posted in open seating and the title is pretty explicit about the subject. If it's of no interest, don't click on it.

bossy122
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion

Post by bossy122 »

daveyman wrote:This is posted in open seating and the title is pretty explicit about the subject. If it's of no interest, don't click on it.
Exactly.

Inuyasha
F1 Test Driver
F1 Test Driver
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Senna
Germany

Post by Inuyasha »

JM wrote:
Jordan2.0 wrote:
@ Inuyasha / I am with Daniel..I opened this topic because of the canceling of McLaren and all that has to de with our hobby .If we want to discuss this further so we will..Who are you to tell what we should do or not.If you find that this is not for you then you can always leave.A lot of us been on the board for many years and become good friends although some of us have never met in person..We are FAMILY and discuss whatever we want !

Alex.
I could not agree more with Alex. This thread was meant to be about possible cancellation of the Oz GP and the cancellation of other motorsport events. We discuss on this site - besides modelling of course - motorsport events. The words "flue", "hype" and being "scared" were used by you Inuyasha only and brought on a foul mood to an otherwise factual discussion of things going on around sports in general and motor sports especially.
So if you do not like what's going on here - nobody forces you to read it or being part of the discussion.
Being part of the F1M family means sharing about our hobby and showing built models which both Daniel and Alex habe been doing for years. Sorry Inuyasha but you are definitly not adding any positives at the moment. Stop trying to tell what should be discussed here or what not. Show some of your builts or what you are building currently that would definitly lighten up our mood.
First point: There was a thread about Mclaren not starting in down under started by Racingkars only 1 hour before this was opened too, so why a need for another thread? NONE!
Second to you, corona is another flue virus! Your obviously not informed what`s up with this!
Third: I never used the word scared, the first who used scared was Daniel, don`t know if your english is that bad, but it seems you had a dream to me! The hype is still there, in every media around, much more then enough to me.
And at least, if you 3 guys think that getting personal is the normal way and this forum belongs to yourself, it shows me and others that your obviously can`t face critics and i`m not here and feel the need to show what i`m doing only to lighten up your mood!! :roll:

Oh, and sorry, it has been 2 hours!

stubeck
Constructors Champion
Constructors Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Stewart Grand Prix
United States of America

Post by stubeck »

Take the personal disagreements to PM please. This thread is in the Off Topic area so is valid.

Corpsegrinder
Top Designer
Top Designer
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: McLaren
Italy

Post by Corpsegrinder »

The whole of Italy is locked down, cannot go out without a valid reason and most shops are shut down everywhere. Unbelievable, I got out of China before the virus was revealed and came back to Italy just to be hunted down by this thing again!! And I fear we are much worse off than China! I doubt the F1 events in Europe will go ahead.
"In my days, the drivers used to go out after a race and chase girls. These days, they thank Vodafone" - Sir Stirling Moss

JamesB
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by JamesB »

seamus wrote:Australian GP cancelled! :(
Well, not yet but.... :roll:
And yes, about the discussions, peace on earth, guys! :wink:
I could not resist remembering M. Knopfler's song: "Why should I lighten up for you, if you can't heavy up for me.." ahhh how much wisdom. I recommend the full song :D
Yes we are family here, in fact even without having met, Alex and Jens are like brother-in-laws for me (er... wait! is that a good thing?? :roll: :lol: :lol: )
Don't take offence, guys.
Yes, I suppose the balance between being worried (not necessarily about the illness itself, but YES about the global mess it is causing) and not fueling unnecessary fear is a thin line, and eeryone will have their POV...
But yes for many of us that's the biggest international friends circle so normal we talk about it.
In Spain things have gone from McFerrin aproach (don't worry be happy) to "Scare your arse off!!!" in a matter of three days.
meanwhile, it's true media have sold fear and alarm as that's what they make money of, the easier. There have been uncongruencies as about sport meetings. And one thing I always recommend to whom wants to listen, our Valencia Fallas, have been cancelled, or postponed to three m0onths later.
Anyway, this makes me reflect on how little is Humankind prepared to react as a whole, and how powerful is info (or kinda) on these days.
anyway, back to the main thing, Australia F1 seems to be just about being cancelled.
And that's my little contribution!! :D

Edit:
surely, with this: "Location: Ancona, Italy/Shenzhen, China" you are a voice to be heard!!! :shock: :wink:

daveyman
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Riccardo Patrese
Great Britain

Post by daveyman »

James, I do admire how many times you manage to mention Mark Knophler in your posts. Good to know you're a fan.

SeanMAIN
Best of the Rest
Best of the Rest
Your Name: Me
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: My wife. Just kidding!
United States of America

Post by SeanMAIN »

Anybody know where I can find a 1/20 Fujimi Ferrari 126 C2? Without that stupid looking Long Beach wing?

gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

Peace on earth are the right words James, life is too short, so celebrate it!
To me it leaves a bad taste when talking about a family here and bashing or even getting personal on new members on the other hand, not what i expect from a family where different views on it should not be a reason to act this way. Stay calm guys, i`m bored of this too and can understand when people don`t want to read about it cause they do this hobby to relax and don`t want to read about it anymore. :wink:
We will see much more events beeing canceled cause by this flue this year i think, but the one thing i cheer to, are the low gasoline prices actually, more money left over to buy modeling stuff! :)
Take a stand!

Joaquin
Midfield
Midfield
Your Name: Joaquin
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Chapman's Lotus
Spain

Post by Joaquin »

Inuyasha wrote:
First point: There was a thread about Mclaren not starting in down under started by Racingkars only 1 hour before this was opened too, so why a need for another thread? NONE!
Second to you, corona is another flue virus! Your obviously not informed what`s up with this!
Third: I never used the word scared, the first who used scared was Daniel, don`t know if your english is that bad, but it seems you had a dream to me! The hype is still there, in every media around, much more then enough to me.
And at least, if you 3 guys think that getting personal is the normal way and this forum belongs to yourself, it shows me and others that your obviously can`t face critics and i`m not here and feel the need to show what i`m doing only to lighten up your mood!! :roll:

Oh, and sorry, it has been 2 hours!
People is commenting friendly in a post that is absolutely valid. Everybody but you. If you don't like the post, don't read it. Very simple.
In my country we like to say:
"If you have the same disagreement with several persons, the problem is you"

and

" In closed mouths, flies can't get in"