Factory tour at BBR and MR

Post away...

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Factory tour at BBR and MR

Post by gp-models »

Two realy nice videos about a visit at BBR models and MR Collection in Italy. Contains some footage about how they produce models and build their factory models, from resin and white metal casting, painting and assembling, interesting to watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su63f8ywZKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL73Ksqsv60
Take a stand!

dlphnfn
Backmarker
Backmarker
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Walter Wolf Racing
United States of America

Re: Factory tour at BBR and MR

Post by dlphnfn »

Cool stuff. Those people are so talented!

eriroc
Spectator
Spectator

Post by eriroc »

Sorry but it's been a long time that BBR is not made in Italy anymore but made in china...

wargrider
F2 Champion
F2 Champion
Your Name: Jean-Michel
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ferrari
Switzerland

Post by wargrider »

eriroc wrote:Sorry but it's been a long time that BBR is not made in Italy anymore but made in china...
Wrong: most are made in China (more modern cars, diecast cars...), but there are still some models made in Italy: 250 GTO, 275 GTB, of which I own several

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

wargrider wrote:
eriroc wrote:Sorry but it's been a long time that BBR is not made in Italy anymore but made in china...
Wrong: most are made in China (more modern cars, diecast cars...), but there are still some models made in Italy: 250 GTO, 275 GTB, of which I own several
That`s right, as far as i know the 1:18 stuff is made in China, but they are still producing stuff in Italy. Years ago they went to Madagascar and produce some models there, now China for some of their models.
Take a stand!

ringleheim
F2 Champion
F2 Champion

Post by ringleheim »

Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed both videos.

I wish MR Collection would sell those "kits" their workers were assembling!

And in the BBR video. Something I have been tuned into lately. Note how the assmemblers are sitting at very high work tables with their arms/hands up around their heads. Very similar to how watch makers sit at all the big watch houses in Switzerland.

I have been building in this manner lately and it really does help with back fatigue.

If you have a seat with a lot of vertical height adjustment, drop your seat way down low so your work surface becomes very high and try it out.

Topic author
gp-models
FOTA Chairman
FOTA Chairman

Post by gp-models »

ringleheim wrote:Thanks for posting! I really enjoyed both videos.

I wish MR Collection would sell those "kits" their workers were assembling!

And in the BBR video. Something I have been tuned into lately. Note how the assmemblers are sitting at very high work tables with their arms/hands up around their heads. Very similar to how watch makers sit at all the big watch houses in Switzerland.

I have been building in this manner lately and it really does help with back fatigue.

If you have a seat with a lot of vertical height adjustment, drop your seat way down low so your work surface becomes very high and try it out.
Absolutely in with you on how they sit on their workbenches, doing the same till i visited a friend who is working at a dentist laboratory, they are sitting in the same position and it makes modeling so much easier. Sitting a few hours with the head down causes neck pain, but after i bought an adjustable seat in 97, the neck pain disapeared quiet soon.
That`s why i love such videos too, there is allways something around pro`s doing that you can catch up.
I wish they would show some more of the used materials, the glue they use on their window frames would be interesting, you can see that they can clean up exessive glue with a teeth stick, anyone an idea on which glue that is possible?
Take a stand!