Hello and an intro...

Post away...

Topic author
alesi27
F2
F2
Your Name: Roy
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Gilles and Jean. The number 27 Ferrari...
Ireland

Hello and an intro...

Post by alesi27 »

Hi all from Ireland.

Can't believe this.
Apparently I joined here this day 9 years ago when i posted starting research on my Hasegawa Lotus 79. 3 years back I posted on my BT50.

Been modelling since a child bar a hiatus in my twenties. Do nearly everything (planes, ships, ships with planes on, cars, trucks, real space, almost everything bar armour but even then still do the little Matchbox tank kits with the little dios). Have loved F1 since watching a car race on tv while on holiday at cousins house in Wales as a child. There were all these colourful fast racing cars that looked cool. THEN I saw the two cars on the front row. A pair of beautiful black and gold machines numbered 5 and 6 that made all the others look like mongrel tractors. In 1980 we were lucky to have the national broadcaster show some races as there were "Irish" drivers on the grid (Watson and Daly, irrespective of the flag they drove under.) Nostalgia and available kits have me on a kick to do as many of the 1982 grid as I can. Will be posting questions soon on the best kit/decal combos to achieve this. Thanks for reading.
Roy.

SanMarino
World Champion
World Champion
Favorite F1 Team or Driver: Ventisette Rosso
Canada

Re: Hello and an intro...

Post by SanMarino »

Welcome (back) Roy,

Looking forward of some posts on your 1982 kick - interesting year, unfortunately not the best one for us Canadians, Salute Gilles.

Cheers,
Mike